Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having issues setting buffers for IK Axe I/O Solo
    When I change the buffers setting in Mixbus 32C it doesn't change in the Axe I/0. If fact I never use 2048 buffers but the Axe I/0 is often set at that when I launch Mixbus for the same song. Since I'm playing some VST's that require 64 or 128 buffers to track in the DAW (Superior Drummer 3 and AT5) I change the buffers in Mixbus but it doesn't change in the Axe I/O Solo control panel and the buffers control is greyed out.

I always know I've got the issue when I start playing guitar through AmpliTube and the sound lags because the buffers are set at 2048. When the buffers are at 256 or lower it plays ok.

At this point the only thing that will change the buffer settings is to close Mixbus and launch Cantabile, my live VST host app. When I set the buffers in Cantabile the Axe I/O Solo correctly changes to the buffer setting I pick. What's odd is that no matter if I set 64 or 128 when I relaunch Mixbus 32C it's always at 256. Then I can track guitars in Amplitube but its not low enough to play edrums with Superior Drummer 3.
Went out to search engine and it returned a bunch of threads here on the forums. In one of them, forum member Jonasry took a look at the code and could see why it keeps returning the next higher buffer setting. What's odd is at one point it starting working correctly on my system - stop - set 128 - Axe I/O changed to 128 and hit start and it actually ran at 128 buffers for the first time. I think I have enough tips on how this works to get my project at 256 reliably which sounds fine for bass and guitar through Amplitube 5. I'm going stick with recording the drum parts in Cantabile, my live performance VST host. I usually start with drums so it's not a problem and since the recording is midi I can edit easily if needed.