Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA plugins no animation
Manjaro KDE 64, Mixbus32C 6.2.26 64.

AVA plugins open but no animation. No way to use it. I can edjust the controls and hear the differences in sound, so it works, but can't see anything.
(01-10-2021, 01:52 PM)slavikator Wrote: Manjaro KDE 64, Mixbus32C 6.2.26 64.

AVA plugins open but no animation. No way to use it. I can edjust the controls and hear the differences in sound, so it works, but can't see anything.

My old PC on integrated video doesn't support the correct version of OpenGL. So, the AVA-plugins are useless for me.

Support agent from Harrisonconsoles pointed this note that clarified the situation:

Note for Linux Users
If you’re experiencing issues with an AVA plugin’s graphics or the GUI isn’t showing up correctly on Linux, make sure your system’s graphics driver supports the minimum required OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher. To check this, run glxinfo | grep Max in a terminal window and make sure that the value listed for the OpenGL compat profile version is at least 3.2 or greater.

If your core profile version meets this requirement but you are still experiencing graphics issues like the ones mentioned above, it is likely that your system is reporting an OpenGL version lower than 3.2 to ensure backwards compatibility with deprecated OpenGL functions. To work around this, you can force the system to report an OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher by setting this environment variable: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2

You can use this as a prefix when opening your DAW from a terminal command like so:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 {command_to_launch_program}

This will set the environment variable for that particular terminal session only, so it will be reset once the session is ended. If you don’t want to run this command every time you launch your DAW, you can set the environment variable in your profile script so that it automatically gets set every time you login.