Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NanoKontrol2 questions
I chose Control Surface > Generic CC - then chose NanoKontrol2 for Incoming MIDI and Outgoing MIDI and then in the MIDI Bindings dropdown chose NanoKontrol2. 

I then also clicked Enable Feedback. 

I'm starting the NanoKontrol2 while holding Cycle and Set to put it in CC mode

The controls work but the LEDs don't stay on when I set a track to record, mute or solo. Same for Stopped, Play, Record in the MMC controls. 

I wouldn't be asking this question except while I was figuring out how to setup the NanoKontrol2 I got it working in Mackie Control mode with the NanoKontro2 set to one of the DAW modes and the LEDs stayed on. While that was working when I launched Mixbus the stop button would light up on the NanoKontrol2. Then if I set a track to record mode its "R" button would stay lit. I couldn't reproduce that setup later even though I started up the NanoKontrol2 in each DAW mode. Sonar was the closest but Mixbus was picking up continuous messages from the NanoKontrol2 causing the Manual, Play Write Touch Latch button to cycle continuously. In other cases while experimenting the fader would bounce up and down. 

Thanks,
I never did sort out the NanoKontrol2 LED staying lit issue but I've decided to move on to a Behringer X-Touch One.
EDIT (of below). My solution below was a bad idea. The choice in the Korg Editor to make the button toggle simply toggled the LED on and off regardless of what state Mixbus was in so it was possible for "Record" to be lit on the NanoKontrol2 when Mixbus was not armed to record. 

-----------------------
I did solve the LED's staying lit when selected. I had to go into the Korg Editor and change the buttons from momentary to toggle. So far I've only tested the record buttons but they stay lit and behave the same in Mixbus - press NanoKontrol2 Record button - Mixbus main record lights up and stays armed - for each track press "R" button and it says lit and that track record arms.
-----------------------
Ever since I got TouchOSC working my NanoKontrol2 is no longer working. Is there a conflict between the two?

Reaper and Cantabile are responding to the NanoKontrol2 but Mixbus I get no response now. I checked the midi inputs matrix - it looks fine.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this will be very appreciated. It would be great to use both control surfaces.

BTW, I can assign the NanoKontrol2 faders and knobs to control knobs in Mixbus hosted AmpliTube at this time (right click on AmpliTube knob and Assign Midi)

The MIDI Tracer window shows the NanoKontrol2 sending data when I move its faders. I held the Cycle and Set buttons down while power it up and then in Mixbus chose the Generic CC control surface and then under that NanoKontrol2 in and out and the choice with Master in the dropdown.

Does anyone know the CC Mixbus is expecting for fader 1 through fader 8 when set for control surface Generic CC - NanoKontrol2 ?