Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I change the usb audio buffer size?
For some reason the buffer size on my IK Axe I/O Solo changes to 2048 when I launch Mixbus 32C. While Mixbus is open the Axe I/O control panel adjustment for buffer size is greyed out. I looked around in Preferences and couldn't find where I would change it in MIxbus so I closed Mixbus and launched Reaper. The control panel buffer size control was still greyed out. Then I went to preferences in Reaper and clicked on the ASIO Configuration and voila, I could then change the buffer size. I then closed Reaper and re-opened Mixbus and the buffer size held at 128 (want to record a guitar part through AmpliTube 5 while monitoring the amp sim output)

Thanks,
(01-08-2021, 10:47 AM)dsteinschneider Wrote: For some reason the buffer size on my IK Axe I/O Solo changes to 2048 when I launch Mixbus 32C. While Mixbus is open the Axe I/O control panel adjustment for buffer size is greyed out. I looked around in Preferences and couldn't find where I would change it in MIxbus so I closed Mixbus and launched Reaper. The control panel buffer size control was still greyed out. Then I went to preferences in Reaper and clicked on the ASIO Configuration and voila, I could then change the buffer size. I then closed Reaper and re-opened Mixbus and the buffer size held at 128 (want to record a guitar part through AmpliTube 5 while monitoring the amp sim output)

Thanks,
In the audio MIDI setup in Mixbus there is an option to use the USB or any outboard interface own setup dialogue if it has one. Menu: window /audio /MII setup/ device controll panel.
I have UR22 and in the mixbus dialogue the change cannot be done, but opening within it the "device contlol panel" (after stopping the actual setup) it is done well.
Greyed out is because the sound engine if operating,, it has to be stopped first to make any changes
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks! I didn't think of looking for it under the Window menu tree.