Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Pluigin support on other DAWs - XTs versus Ava
I have some of the XT plugins. They don't show up as plugins in either Reaper or Logic. I understand the Ava plugins on the other hand are usable system-wide.

Is this an intentional difference between XT and AVA plugins? Or is it a pilot error such as not having set up the path for the plugins correctly?

(OSX Catalina, Mixbus6, XT-MC and others)

Thank you in advance.
Mixbus6 on (16" MBP i9-9980HK @Catalina) or (Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen4 @Ubuntu Studio 20.04)
The plugin "standard" is different for the two. The XT plugins will not work, as a general rule, in other DAWs. I think there may be a couple very obscure ones out there that use that standard - but your "mainstream" DAWs do not.

It seems to me they repackaged the more useful ones - that is the ones that are not your typical "default/bundled DAW plugins" - to be available for all of the industry-adopted plugin standards.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

Thank you.
Mixbus6 on (16" MBP i9-9980HK @Catalina) or (Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen4 @Ubuntu Studio 20.04)
The way I look at it: The XT plugins, which are in the LV2 format, are paid extensions of Mixbus/Mixbus32C while the AVA plugins are for any DAWs and hosts.

Registered XT plugins can also be used in Ardour but not other DAWs/hosts that support the LV2 format.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
"Over twelve hundred plugins are now available in LV2 format.[5] Notable plugins include Calf Studio Gear[6] Software that can host LV2 plugin "bundles" includes Ardour, Ingen, Carla (of the KXStudio distribution), Qtractor, Traverso DAW,[7] Harrison Mixbus,[8] MusE, Audacity,[9] Ecasound, FFmpeg, the GStreamer framework and DJing software Mixxx. It is also the plugin format used by the MOD Duo and MOD Duo X, [10] Zynthian, and Poly Effects Digit/Beebo hardware units."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LV2
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5