Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreadable fonts on all mixbus screens
Hello,
I just purchased mixbus from a facebook offer. It is promising and I have some time today, so decided to try and check it out.
However, there is something wrong visually, with the fonts I think. They look really hard to read. It happens in all the mixbus windows, from the startup to the main editor. My screen is a 17 inch laptop with external extended desktop 32 inch monitor, and all other applications look great. Resolution is full hd for both monitors, no scaling is used.
The font problem happens in both screens, and also if the laptop is working with the external monitor disconnected, so is not related to the external monitor.

I opened preferences and tried other percentage in the font size, but they look bad in any size. Bigger or smaller, same as ugly.
Tried adjusting the scaling properties in windows without success, well no scaling is being used anyway.

Attached some screen captures so you can see how the fonts look in Reaper.
My PC is a well equipped Dell inspiron laptop with intel icore 7 and so far any other program that I use work great and look great, including image and video editing, software development and 3d game development too, in addition to the regular office applications.
Is windows 10 64bits with latest updates, 16GB RAM, 2TB ssd, basically is a nice machine. It has dual intel GPU and Radeon GPU for power applications. Maybe not top of the line but good enough.

Something interesting In the Mixbus dropdown menus, if I move the mouse downwards over the menus, in some instances the fonts look good in the menu items.But when I move the mouse up in the same items, they look ugly again. Something is off or maybe Mixbus expects some non standard font in Windows.

Hope the developers can fix this so I can give Mixbus a try. Currently is unusable due to this visual experience. Unreadable and uncomfortable screens.

You need to mess with your scaling options. See here...

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...appearance

You could also mess around with some alternate themes. There is a post around here somewhere that has a theme pack a user developed with a TON of alternate themes for MB.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

(12-31-2020, 01:29 PM)MakerDP Wrote: You need to mess with your scaling options. See here...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...appearance

Thanks, I did that before posting. It just makes the ugly fonts larger or smaller. Some texts appear chopped if font is set a bit larger.

I'd rather wait for the developers to fix the problem, or just use my usual Daw. Not sure if is worth to be fiddling with an app just to make it work as it should from the beginning. It's disappointing.

My post was basically in the hopes that the developers can take it as a bug report. In the macbook M1, I installed and it looks fine, so they will probably need to adjust the way it renders in Windows. I donĀ“t do mixing in the Mac, though.

Anyway will look for the themes post later, thanks again.
Are you running your monitors in their native resolution? Latest graphics drivers installed on your system?

I am running @ 4k on a 40-inch screen with Windows set to 125% scaling and my fonts look great.

Here is a link to the themes collection post...
http://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread...age-5.html

Post #47 has the latest version of the themes.
Post #49 describes how to install them.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

(12-31-2020, 02:20 PM)MakerDP Wrote: Are you running your monitors in their native resolution? Latest graphics drivers installed on your system?

I am running @ 4k on a 40-inch screen with Windows set to 125% scaling and my fonts look great.

Here is a link to the themes collection post...
http://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread...age-5.html

Post #47 has the latest version of the themes.
Post #49 describes how to install them.

Yes and yes. Am running at full HD on both monitors, the native res, no scaling.
Well my fonts look great too in any application. This is the only one with that behavior.

Will check the themes stuff, thanks.