Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Bounce not aligned
Hi guys, anyone has knowledge on this?
As the thread title says, when I try to record on a different audio track the Midi performance, the resultant audio ends up ahead of the original performance.
Somebody notice this?

Thanks!
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
Nothing? Help me oout please Dingoooo haha
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
Sorry missed this one...
I assume you are routing the output of the MIDI track to the input of an audio track, like the example of Red Zepplin with 9 outs ?
Check that you don't have any Hardware inputs (mic pre etc..) assigned to that audio track, this can put the delay comp out.
Mixbus would be adding double delay comp; once for MIDI and a second time for the Hardware.
I have tested in macOS and am getting MIDI performance phase cancelling with recorded audio where the channel is exclusivley routed to the MIDI out only.
If that is still not giving you the correct result, contact support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com .... and for a quick workaround, try exporting the MIDI track as an audio Stem: assign MIDI solely to one Mixbus, then use that to export a stem from.
Then import that stem and use the option to place at timestamp, assuming you are exporting to a format that supports timestamp info: BWAV etc.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Here Dingo! first of all, don't need to say sorry! Im calling you because I know that you answer and knows Mixbus. So again, thanks for answering.
I think Im doing what you say about routing, I mean, I didn't click on the MIDI track to route the output, I created a new audio track and configure the input of that audio track, deactivated the hardware inputs and select the L and R from the MIDI track. That's all I did.
And my first attempt was the stems but as I didn't saw the MIDI track I went to the plan B to quickly "bounce" the MIDI tambourine that I needed for this mix that I was working on (so yes, a lot of tracks and plugins already in the session) Tomorrow Im gonna try reproduce again this on a new session, but as I also read on the Red Zeppelin examples other user's posts, sometimes just works like some magic thing.

So in case you and I are talking about the same regarding "output versus input" Im not sure about it, but tomorrow Im gonna set up the MIDI track output and also the Input of the audio track. I will be posting results here of course!

Now, can I ask you also if you go to http://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread...age-2.html and check my lasts 2 postings?
That's something I've experienced with vocal recordings and I just wanted to understand how Mixbus works and try to anticipate things on my system. Im relatively new to the software (version 6 32c) and working remotely is one thing, but I have to be prepared when people start coming to the studio and know all kind of workarounds. I tried to read the manual but I didn't found about the relationship of the buffer size and alignment when recording an analogue source.

I will be waiting for any answer Dingo, thanks for everything!!!
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!
Ok, here's my update on this testings.
As user's and I anticipated yesterday... today I opened a new session added a MIDI track, the Red Zepp drumkit and played 4 beats of tambourine. Routed the MIDI track to a new audio track (using the input from audio's or output's from MIDI track is the same) and printed those beats, everything were align even flippin the phase will cancel everything so. I didn't honestly surprised myself but, ok was fine.
Then I reproduced the same but not using the Red Zepp instrument, I left the General Midi and inserted a sound replacer plugin (ApTrigga3) and used a sample to be triggered with each midi note. Again! everything were aligned and phase cancelled again if I try it. So yes... I don't get it.
Maybe on a busy mix it just fails, I don't know but I know that production stage is one thing, mixing is another... I just wanted to add more vibe with a tambourine not playing it, just the MIDI but didn't work until I nudged manually the region.

ANYWAY! another testing now related to this latency compensation engine, now with Vocals recording (or whatever mic source) I was experimenting a little bit with the Latency tool measurement and the test tone returns a different value each time I press it.
I did find an article on Harrison's website (HelpDocs) talking about this alignment tool (not the alignment options on the context menu of tracks...) and ok, if I don't touch anything I see some sampless off (late) using a 2048 buffer size.
If I test with the measurement tool and then test it again (using 58 or 146 samples) I can see that Mixbus autoalign in advance the track.
So I guess that as the HelpDocs stated, USB are a random thing and is not gonna be precise every time I use my computer. That's kinda fine, but in that case and please help me on this statement, beeing the case that I always monitor using hardware, is the safe thing to always set the buffer size to 2048 anyway?
I don't see any benefit turning it down to 128 or whatever if Im not monitoring trough Mixbus. Am I correct?

Hope you can answer soon Dingo, thanks!!!!
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!