Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not initialize Mixbus32C (likely due to corrupt config files)

Anyone see this before...

Could not initialize Mixbus32C (likely due to corrupt config files).
Run Mixbus32C from a commandline for more information

started after my Mixbus 32C crashed..now it won't initialize and after a complete Win 10 re-install, I reset the PC from scratch..it worked for a day and now I get this CONFIG issue.

It crashed and I had the BSOD with a PFN_List_Corrupt error. Then the issue started...I reimaged the PC and it worked for a day, then it crashed with the same BSOD and now I am back to where I started before re-imaging.

Attached is the pic of error on startup.

I have already lost some projects as a result of the reimage..but now I am sitting down to work on a project for someone who is paying me and my DAW won't start..If I uninstall and re-install it does the same thing..it will run and crash when I exit...then it has the same issue all over again. How can that file be corrupt on a clean install (cloud install from Microsoft)

Any help is appreciated...
I presume you investigated that PFN_List_Corrupt error? Some pointers: https://windowsreport.com/pfn_list_corrupt-windows-10/
Unfortunately, if the core issue is a faulty HDD, can you try loading up your system on another HDD?
Also... Did this just start happening lately? I don't like the observation that it works for about a day and then crashes again.
Sounds like you got hit with a rogue Windows update and when you rebuild your OS windows goes and retrieves the same update again.

Best Wishes
Patrick
Thanks for the input, yes my next step is to abandon this PC all together. There is a good possibility there is a HDD issue. It has never worked 'flawlessly', random BSOD over the years. I have an identical PC but with a stable OS. It hasn't crashed on me in a long time.
Mixbus support basically told me that they have windows machines running with no issues, so it is likely a hardware issue or an interface issue. More likely PC hardware as my interface has worked with Mixbus 5 and 6 (non 32C) with no prob. I updated to 32C about a month ago. And to top it all off, I remember a Win 10 update about a week before my issues started.

Plan on starting the switchover tonight. I will post if it is successful or not. My limiting factor is my firewire interface. If nothing else works, time to upgrade to a USB interface. I have read that the firewire card (PCI with 1394 legacy driver) can create problems. But it worked for close to a year with Mixbus 5..so I still lean towards a PC HDD or BIOS issue.

Apparently this PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error can be bypassed by deleting my preferences folder in "(home folder)/AppData/Local/Mixbus{version}". I would assume the error would come back when mixbus tries to close on the next use though. So I am no computer expert, but it sounds like it has an issue writing my preferences when it is closing.

Thanks for responding PBuryk!
So, I just wanted to post an update as this whole issue has become a nightmare.
I basically built a new PC, reformatted HD and reloaded Win 10 Pro. All looked good, it saw my FireWire Connection..I loaded Mixbus 6 32C. Still no issues setting it up. I played around with it and loaded a few plugins, scanned for new ones etc... I tried a test with a mic and I thought everything was ok. Went to shut down and on exit, it went to blue screen, then reboot. I knew as soon as it did that, the next time I reopen Mixbus, it will be corrupted and..it was. This was a completely different PC with AMD (instead of Intel) processor. I GOT THE SAME ISSUE! I am starting to think it is something other than it not liking my FireWire set up, as this PC had a native FW connection on the motherboard..no wonky PCI card connection.

I abandonded Windows...spent a week setting up and learning Linux. I got it to a point where mixbus was running and all the outboard gear was configured..I got it working and was able to record from my firewire interface. Only issue now is it has a few pops and clicks/studders now and again and it drives me bonkers! I have tried samnple rate settings, buffer settings, etc..best I could get was a studder on start up of track record/playback (when I hit the space bar for first time). Plus the fact to get plugins working...had to use CARLA as there are not many Linux plugins that are simillar to the windows ones that I like.

Last kick at the can..I ordered a 4in/4out USB interface. Going to go back to Win 10 and try that. My worst fear is that it is a Mixbus/Windows prob, not a FireWire/USB issue. I got a generic message from Mixbus stating that they have Mixbus on WIndows platforms running fine, it must be my equipment. Not real helpful. I know in the past, all my issues were on shutting down Mixbus..my new interface will arrive tomorrow. I have 3 different Win 10 Pro PC's running at the minute that I can try. An Intel i5 GIGABYTE Board w/ 16GB RAM, Lenovo AMD i7 (equivalent) w/solid state drive & 8GB RAM and lastly an old AMD (i5 equivalent) w/16GB RAM..
All my windows versions are legit..all stable systems. I will report my findings.

Last resort...buy an old MAC off someone..lol.
(12-30-2020, 09:23 AM)Hepburn_73 Wrote: I have 3 different Win 10 Pro PC's running at the minute that I can try.

And are you seeing that message with all 3 machines..?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!