Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C blocking plugin from network
I'm using the Line 6 Helix Native plugin, but ran into a weird issue with Mixbus 32C.

The plugin will load but indicates that it's "offline," the network is disconnected, and therefore I can't validate my license to run it. Granted, this is a screwy way of managing a plugin license but that's the way it is at present. Can't seem to find anything in Mixbus to alter the situation. If I run any of the online "Help" menu items in Mixbus, they work OK as expected.

The plugin runs with no problem in my other DAW applications, so I know it's not the plugin's fault. It would be nice to run it in Mixbus as well.

Maybe I should write Tech Support too.
Screwy indeed!

I'm thinking that the "offline" report means something other than 'disconnected from the Internet'.
I can't see why ANY plugin manufacturer (or DAW manufacturer for that matter) would require the user's computer
to be connected to the Internet in order to run their software - especially when the mantra of the day is to disconnect
from the net whenever you use your DAW (for many reasons I won't go into here.). But, if it is indeed a requirement
that the Internet be available to validate your license for that plugin, then I really doubt that Mixbus will have a work-around.

Anyway... My recommendation is to contact the Vendor's Plugin Support Team to better understand what the dang
thing thinks it's missing.

Cheers!
Patrick
(12-03-2020, 07:30 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Screwy indeed!

I'm thinking that the "offline" report means something other than 'disconnected from the Internet'.
I can't see why ANY plugin manufacturer (or DAW manufacturer for that matter) would require the user's computer
to be connected to the Internet in order to run their software - especially when the mantra of the day is to disconnect
from the net whenever you use your DAW (for many reasons I won't go into here.). But, if it is indeed a requirement
that the Internet be available to validate your license for that plugin, then I really doubt that Mixbus will have a work-around.

Anyway... My recommendation is to contact the Vendor's Plugin Support Team to better understand what the dang
thing thinks it's missing.

Cheers!
Patrick

Yes I think it's pretty rude to have a plugin "phone home" in the middle of a session for several reasons including what you mentioned. While there's clearly something different in this DAW from others, I'll chew on Line 6 and maybe they'll actually work with Harrison support to resolve it. Thanks.
SOLVED !

Line 6 advised validating the plugin via alternate DAW then running it in Mixbus. That solved the big problem. Strange enough, but I'm in business now.