Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugins Not Loading
Hi Friends,

Another one of those plugin-related issues - Sorry I couldn't find another ready reference.

I have a number of the latest Waves and IK Mulitmedia / T-Racks plugins and they just won't show up. I've done the usual cache and blacklist clearing, not sure what else to do. I set pointers to their directories but no joy. I had some others that didn't load, but after some work I got them to work just fine.

Still and all, the Waves and T-Racks are still MIA. This is on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

I just got Mixbus 32C and looking forward to getting into it.

Appreciate any ideas.

Many Thanks,
dave
(12-01-2020, 09:58 PM)davidg25 Wrote: Hi Friends,

Another one of those plugin-related issues - Sorry I couldn't find another ready reference.

I have a number of the latest Waves and IK Mulitmedia / T-Racks plugins and they just won't show up. I've done the usual cache and blacklist clearing, not sure what else to do. I set pointers to their directories but no joy. I had some others that didn't load, but after some work I got them to work just fine.

Still and all, the Waves and T-Racks are still MIA. This is on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Appreciate any ideas.

Many Thanks,
dave
Dave,

I'm only running one Waves plugin, but I did have to move the actual VST to the file location that I set up for Mixbus. However, I've noticed that the Waves director ( or some name like that) is still where it was loaded by the waves installer. And I had to run the plugin scan. After that it shows up and works fine.
(12-01-2020, 11:27 PM)Brian Mills Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 09:58 PM)davidg25 Wrote: Hi Friends,

Appreciate any ideas.

Many Thanks,
dave
Dave,

I'm only running one Waves plugin, but I did have to move the actual VST to the file location that I set up for Mixbus. However, I've noticed that the Waves director ( or some name like that) is still where it was loaded by the waves installer. And I had to run the plugin scan. After that it shows up and works fine.

Thanks I got Waves working. Everything showing up except IK Mulitmedia Stuff. I mean, it's in the SAME folder as everything else getting picked up.

Strange !
I have been having exactly the same problem but support doesn't seem to care or respond. First of all the recent update of Mixbus 32c proclaimed that it was now optimised for VST3 plugins, so I went through all of the trouble of downloading the latest VST 3 versions from IKMultimedia, only to discover Mixbus doesn't recognise them. I think it is something to do with the file extension- any vst's with a .VST3 file extension do not work, only ones with the .dll file extension. So for me this is just the Klanghelm and Waves VST3's that work for me which end in the aforementioned .dll file extension.
I haven't tried re-naming the file extensions manually as I am lead to believe this can cause further problems?
So I gave up and re-loaded the vst2 versions again, only to find they are problematic now as well. I cant seem to quit a session at the moment without Mixbus freezing and not responding.
I love this programme but a lot of third party plugins have caused me serious issues, which is frustrating when you have spent a lot of money on them.
I found that box to check that allowed me to use the vst2 files and now i have everything. It's still disappointing to see all of my other stuff (with and without iLok) load but not that.

On to other things, Mixbus32c seems to be blocking the network connection for my Line 6 plugin, but that's headed to another thread !

Thanks for the replies!