Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Mixbus6 after a number of years with DP
On a 2010 mac mini 8G ram 2.16 (I think) ghz, lots of hard drive space. High Sierra - whatever number that is.

I've been using macs since 1999 - Digital Performer for a number of years. I'm not a computer geeky guy. I'm a musician that uses the daw for laying out new material. For some reason I got hooked in to harrison and tried it out. When they offered it for $20....sold. I love the tonebar organ.

I have a couple of questions.
•Is 8G not enough? I can double it but that's the most this mac will take.
• I use garageband to lay out drum tracks. With GB you can program drums one at a time. When I'm happy with 4 bars, 8 bars, whatever I print them to a .wav file appropriately labeled and then drag them to DP. GB's tonebar organ is almost as nice as Mixbus's but it is seriously much easier to use.
• I want to use Mixbus 6's drummer because it looks, initially, like I can record one drum at a time. Open the drummer and fan it into 9 channels. I can't for the life of me figure out how to record one drum "mike" at a time. It doesn't seem to be covered in the 600+ page manual.
It won't let me record one track at a time by disarming individual tracks and then re-arming the next track.

Can somebody help me with this? I think I would like to use Mixbus from start to finish if these issues can be addressed.

Thanks in advance etc...
It sounds like the Drum tracks are grouped (colored bar at top of Mixer channels or LHS of Edit page).
Grouping will control record arming, assigns and fader levels.
You can Shift+arm to arm the selected channel only, or you can disable the group (click on the colored bar).
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...pic/groups
And...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m.../group-bar

Also 8GB should be enough, but if you have more it will not hurt.
And welcome to the Mixbus forum Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
This is good intel. I've been using DP for almost ten years. Mixbus6 is a whole 'nother animal for me. But I like the sound and having eq and comp on each channel is a big plus.

I come from an old school tape background and tend to be as minimalist as possible. Fewer tracks are better. Get good drums and mix them into stereo. Etc,

Thanks for the help.