Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reopen session and Groups are out of sync with their sources after save and close
Hi, I'm fairly new to MB, using Mixbus6 and have run into a major problem preventing any further work, and hoping for some help!Huh

I was working on a mix and created groups for tracks of drums, bass and guitars.
No problem, worked fine, I saved the session. Then as I was playing with a return track and FX, MB just disappeared, crashed with no message.
As I was on Mixbus 6.1.22 and I had just finished downloading 6.2, I installed 6.2.
There were 2 errors during the install relating to missing ardour fonts, retry didn't work so I hit ignore twice, the install completed and Mixbus fired up ok.

So I loaded up my previous session, and the Groups are out of sync with their source tracks. I have no plugins on any of the tracks, only on a few return tracks, which had all been turned off.

So I deleted the groups and removed the tracks from the groups,
then set up the groups again, and they playback just fine with perfect sync, as one would expect from a multitrack mixer.
Saved.
Closed.
Reopen Mixbus and load that session, and the groups are out of sync with their source tracks again.
This is the first time I have used the Groups in Mixbus - is it normal for Mixbus to add in a delay to the groups but only after closing and reopening the session!?!?!?
This makes no sense.
I think it could be a bug.
Or I am doing something wrong.
Either way, I need help!

I am using:
Mixbus6 (licenced), Windows 10
Asus D509DA laptop, 20gb RAM, Ryzen5 3500U, Radeon Vega8, Intel 512GB SSD, external 27" monitor.
Plugged in via USB at the time, even though I wasn't using it, is a SB K3+ interface, and an external WD 1TB drive.

I have a video of the install and the problem happening, I could probably post it somewhere and provide a link if it would help!