Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux: Mixbus crashes and GUI bugs with AVA plugins (solved)
Hi,
I have installed Mixbus32C-V6 and have AVA plugins.
Everything works well when I use several XT plugins or 1 AVA plugin, but as soon as I try to use at least 2 AVA plugins in my projects, mixbus crashes. I tried with different OS (Librazik with 4.19.0 kernel, Ubuntu Studio with 5.4.0 low-latency kernel) and still have this problem.
My soundcard is a Steinberg UR44.
Has anyone got this problem ? How could I do to make 2 AVA plugins work without crashing ?
Thank you,
have a nice day,
Mathieu.
Hi Mathieu,
welcome to the Mixbus forum, I would suggest you contact AVA support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-23-2020, 06:03 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi Mathieu,
welcome to the Mixbus forum, I would suggest you contact AVA support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com
Hi Dingo,
Thank you for your answer. I sent emails to plugins@harrisonconsoles.com in April 30th and June 3rd but have not received any answer yet, so I try again with the forum.
Sometimes mixbus crashes and sometimes the window freezes when I use 2 AVA plugins with mixbus.
Here are a few videos that shows my problems using AVA plugins with Mixbus :
- crash : youtu.be/WZptQ0TFLGU
- vocal flow freeze : youtu.be/XhI6Y2RPow8
- legacyQ freeze : youtu.be/UYKPh5GXvtk
- crash 2 : youtu.be/9QWAYAU4Fto

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem ?

Thanks,
have a nice day,
Mathieu.
Hi,
I solved the problem using an old version of AVA plugins. I replaced the AVA plugins with old  AVA plugins of 2019 and now everything works fine. Unfortunately, this solution does not work with recent plugins, such as AVA Vocal Flow.
I don't know why AVA plugins have been broken with recent versions. Hopefully this solution will help to fix the problems linux-users have using AVA plugins.
Hi,

I've got the same problem and I don't mind using an older version of the plugins, but I don't know where to find them...
From the AVA manual... regarding Linux users:

"If you’re experiencing issues with an AVA plugin’s graphics or the GUI isn’t showing up correctly on Linux, make sure your system’s graphics driver supports the minimum required OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher. To check this, run glxinfo | grep Max in a terminal window and make sure that the value listed for the OpenGL core profile version string is at least 3.2 or greater.

If your core profile version meets this requirement but you are still experiencing graphics issues like the ones mentioned above, it is likely that your system is reporting an OpenGL version lower than 3.2 to ensure backwards compatibility with deprecated OpenGL functions. To work around this, you can force the system to report an OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher by setting this environment variable: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2

You can use this as a prefix when opening your DAW from a terminal command like so:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 {command_to_launch_program}

This will set the environment variable for that particular terminal session only, so it will be reset once the session is ended. If you don’t want to run this command every time you launch your DAW, you can set the environment variable in your profile script so that it automatically gets set every time you login."
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-31-2022, 08:50 AM)omer666 Wrote: Hi,

I've got the same problem and I don't mind using an older version of the plugins, but I don't know where to find them...

If you are a Linux user the post above might help. If no joy, contact AVA support: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com
Hmm I'm using Nvidia drivers so the grep Max pipe returns nothing...
I'll try to contact the support, thanks
(07-31-2022, 07:22 PM)Dingo Wrote: From the AVA manual... regarding Linux users:

"If you’re experiencing issues with an AVA plugin’s graphics or the GUI isn’t showing up correctly on Linux, make sure your system’s graphics driver supports the minimum required OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher. To check this, run glxinfo | grep Max in a terminal window and make sure that the value listed for the OpenGL core profile version string is at least 3.2 or greater.

If your core profile version meets this requirement but you are still experiencing graphics issues like the ones mentioned above, it is likely that your system is reporting an OpenGL version lower than 3.2 to ensure backwards compatibility with deprecated OpenGL functions. To work around this, you can force the system to report an OpenGL version of 3.2 or higher by setting this environment variable: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2

You can use this as a prefix when opening your DAW from a terminal command like so:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 {command_to_launch_program}

This will set the environment variable for that particular terminal session only, so it will be reset once the session is ended. If you don’t want to run this command every time you launch your DAW, you can set the environment variable in your profile script so that it automatically gets set every time you login."

This solution works for me ! Thanks Rolleyes
Hi,

I had display issue one or two years ago with AVA plugins, I solved that adding: 
Code:
__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 [app]
Then I changed computer some months ago, and the result is bad, and the command above doesn't work anymore:
the plugin loads and works (i.e. in Ardour 6), but make raise CPU to 100%, giving a lot of Xruns.  Top gives me that:
Code:
  17445 raphael   20   0 4486004 833440 203072 R 339.2   2.6   6:48.50 ArdourGUI                                                                                                                                                                   
339 is the CPU %.

I use mainly AVA Vocal Flow, but it's unusable now... any idea?

My system:
Code:
Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-47-lowlatency (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 31.1 Gio of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics
the 3D graphic card is a Quadro T500 Mobile.
I tried with "on demand" using acceleration with the command above, nvidia driver, intel only, but always the same result...