Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems installing mixbus32C on my laptop
Problems instaling mixbus 32 C version 6 on my new laptop. I can install and use ver 4 and version 5 but Ver 6 crashes every time, about 3 seconds after after fully opening. Have tried a number of different solutions with no success ( clearing all preference, fully unistalling/reinstalling. Talked to mixbus support. One additional thing is this is the second brand new laptop I've had this issue with on mixbus 32C version 6, I sent the other laptop back because it assumed it was the problem. Computer spec's Dell inspiron I5, 16gb ram, windows 10 -- the other laptop I returned was a Lenovo with very similar spec. Any one have similar problem or any suggestions? Thanks, John
Hi JTP and welcome to the Mixbus forum, have you tried holding the Control key whilst opening the session ?
That will suspend any plugins that might be crashing your system.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Dingo
unfortunately didn't solve the problem. Strange that I can use version 4 and 5 but not version 6, I guess that leads me to believe it's somehow related to some changes in mixbus32 software installation files. Very frustrating for a busy studio owner. Thanks, jtp
Very interesting problem...
Just a WAG (Wild-Ass-Guess):
Are you trying to install and use the 64-bit version of Mixbus, or the 32-bit version?
Also, what flavor of Windows 10 are you running? Home? Pro? Educational?

Best Regards,
Patrick
Patrick
I'm running windows 10 home and trying install mixbus 32C 64 bit. I can run version 4 and 5 but not version 6. Thanks Patrick
Hi JTP - does this happen with every session (even new, empty ones?) Or is it only happening with a specific session?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!