Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash on mixdown
Hi,

updated to the newest version with VST3 support, happy... until I ran into unstabilities. Seems I cannot export a mix, as ’32C crashes every time after choosing the folder, inputting the file name and hitting ”Export”.

Several crashes when stopping playback, too. None of the crashes before the update.

So, what information I should provide to pinpoint the problem?

My system:
Asus PRIME X299-A
Intel Core i9-9820X 3,2 GHz
128 GT RAM
UAD-2 Octo + Quad + Duo
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks,

Mwah

Update:

Mix export seems to work if I disable all VST3 effects... until I got the message ”UAD hardware not found”, and ’32C quit. But it did write the mixdown file in full.

Cheers,

Mwah
Asus PRIME X299-A • Intel Core i9-9820X 3,2 GHz • 128 GT RAM • SSL 12 UAD-2 Octo + Quad + Duo • Windows 11 • Cakewalk by Bandlab • Cubase Pro 13 • Kontakt 7 • Adobe Audition CC • Harrison Mixbus 32C • Latest UAD software

This sounds like the kinda thing Mixbus Support would want to know about:- mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(11-13-2020, 11:39 AM)johne53 Wrote: This sounds like the kinda thing Mixbus Support would want to know about:- mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Good point. Mail sent.

Thanks,

Mwah
Mixbus support recommended enabling ”realtime export” for the UAD plugins I’m using, but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

However, I did some extra troubleshooting today. I created a new session (to a different folder) with the same audio files (recorded earlier in a different app, 96kHz/24bit) and tried with a few UAD (VST2) or VST3 plugins.

No plugins: Plays and exports normally

Only VST3 plugins: Plays and exports normally

Only UAD plugins: Plays normally, exports the whole file, then quits with ”UAD Driver or UAD hardware not found (-9)”. No difference between ”realtime export” enabled or disabled.

Both VST3 and UAD plugins: Plays normally, exports the whole file, then quits with ”UAD Driver or UAD hardware not found (-9)”. No difference between ”realtime export” enabled or disabled.

Then I tried again the original session, and it still quit when trying to export, even though I had took off all of the plugins – or so I thought. Noticed there was still a Darkglass Ultra (VST3) plugin on one of the tracks. Deleted that, and then the export went trough, but the software quit after the export.

Tried to use denormals protection, that didn’t seem to make any difference.

(And yes, I sent these to the Support person, too.)

Thanks,

Mwah
(11-14-2020, 08:43 AM)Mwah Wrote: Then I tried again the original session, and it still quit when trying to export, even though I had took off all of the plugins – or so I thought. Noticed there was still a Darkglass Ultra (VST3) plugin on one of the tracks. Deleted that, and then the export went trough, but the software quit after the export.

But did that session also include UAD plugins in the past sometime? It looks like your exports work okay - as long as they didn't (at any time) include UAD plugins.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(11-14-2020, 10:23 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 08:43 AM)Mwah Wrote: Then I tried again the original session, and it still quit when trying to export, even though I had took off all of the plugins – or so I thought. Noticed there was still a Darkglass Ultra (VST3) plugin on one of the tracks. Deleted that, and then the export went trough, but the software quit after the export.

But did that session also include UAD plugins in the past sometime? It looks like your exports work okay - as long as they didn't (at any time) include UAD plugins.

Yes, it did.
You’re right, UAD plugins seem to be (at least a) part of the problem, although not as badly as the Darkglass – if I can export the mix okay, the 32C quitting just after the mixdown is completed is annoying, but not an excruciating problem.

– Mwah