Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Basics
Is there a newer version of the MIDI Basics video that's using a current version of MixBus or MixBus32 showing how to make simple drum tracks using existing plugin's.
This has been hanging me up for a while now..got a lull and figured I better figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rafone
Win11
Intel Core i7-9700K 8 Cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo
'
Mixbus 10.0.0 PRO
(rev 10.0)
Intel 64-bit
I have this question, also.
(11-12-2020, 11:10 AM)rafone Wrote: Is there a newer version of the MIDI Basics video that's using a current version of MixBus or MixBus32 showing how to make simple drum tracks using existing plugin's.
This has been hanging me up for a while now..got a lull and figured I better figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rafone

I guess that if there was a newer version, the only place to find it would be at that YouTube channel. To me, that old video also seems to apply to version 6 when we are talking about MIDI basic. What exactly do you miss and what do you mean about existing plugins? The workflow showed in this video is about the same no matter which plugin that's in use.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
I realize that this thread is a bit old now but If you are looking for an update to the midi basics video I think this can be helpful.

Unfa made a video that he released just before Christmas and it covers actually more than the basics.  It is aimed at ardour and Linux but most of it is transferable to Mixbus.  All of the editing stuff should be the same nomatter what OS you are using.  It is really long but it does cover almost everything.  Here is the link: https://youtu.be/ACJ1suTVouw