Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 6 crashes on opening a plugin
Hello,

When I open a plugin window the program crashes after opening the new window. It opens black and after a few seconds it crashes.
Waves plugins open for a bit, but then also crash.
The fault seems to occur in dxgi.dll accorindg to windows error logs.
Hardware : ASUS Laptop Core I7 Win10 64b pro.
Nvidia 960m with current driver.
According to support is seems an issue with OpenGL.
MTA, Istvan
Has this just started happening to you?
Have you made any changes to your OS, drivers or application updates recently?
I had a similar issue about a year ago when I updated Audacity and Chrome browser on my Linux laptop.
One of the two apps brought in a different version of OpenGL and that caused MB & MB32C to crash whenever I opened a Harrison XT plugin.
I was able to work around it by starting those plugins with the generic interfaces (ie., not using their GUIs).
But I had to reload the OS to get full plugin GUI use back.
I was planning on doing that anyway because a newer version of my Linux OS was also available at the time so the fix was part of that effort.

Cheers!
Patrick
Try opening Nvidia Settings and set OpenGL slider to "Performance" rather than "Quality".
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(11-11-2020, 05:41 PM)sunrat Wrote: Try opening Nvidia Settings and set OpenGL slider to "Performance" rather than "Quality".
I did it. No change. Window stays black, then after 3-5 sec poof. Crash...

(11-11-2020, 12:02 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Has this just started happening to you?
Have you made any changes to your OS, drivers or application updates recently?
> Updated NVidia to latest version. Made no change.

I had a similar issue about a year ago when I updated Audacity and Chrome browser on my Linux laptop.
One of the two apps brought in a different version of OpenGL and that caused MB & MB32C to crash whenever I opened a Harrison XT plugin.
I was able to work around it by starting those plugins with the generic interfaces (ie., not using their GUIs).
But I had to reload the OS to get full plugin GUI use back.
I was planning on doing that anyway because a newer version of my Linux OS was also available at the time so the fix was part of that effort.

Cheers!
Patrick

I agreed to install a debu version. See what that brings...