Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metadata not working?
Whenever I export a File and import it into iTunes none of the Metadata shows up, just the file name.
Am I not understanding how Metadata works in Mixbus?
In my other DAW it exports with the file and it's all there.
-M
(11-09-2020, 03:13 PM)metrobot Wrote: Whenever I export a File and import it into iTunes none of the Metadata shows up, just the file name.
-M

184 views and nobody has an answer?
Anyone else having a problem with metadata?
-M
Hi there,

Here are some concepts to keep in mind regarding metadata:

1) Mixbus currently inserts metadata in the encoded formats .mp3, .flac, and .ogg only. (.wav files only have the standard 'broadcast wave' metadata which is probably not sufficient for your needs).

2) The metadata should be edited in the Session->Metadata dialog. Currently this setting is 'global' and is not changed per-file. We are considering adding an option to allow Track metadata in each saved Range. Here are the metadata fields that are currently used: year - track number - disc number - title - author - album - genre - composer - comment - copyright - description.

3) In your export file-format settings (accessed from the format->Edit button), make sure "Tag file with metadata" checkbox is enabled. It is disabled by default, which is an oversight on our part.

I hope this helps!

-Ben
(11-14-2020, 10:01 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi there,

Here are some concepts to keep in mind regarding metadata:

1) Mixbus currently inserts metadata in the encoded formats .mp3, .flac, and .ogg only. (.wav files only have the standard 'broadcast wave' metadata which is probably not sufficient for your needs).

2) The metadata should be edited in the Session->Metadata dialog. Currently this setting is 'global' and is not changed per-file. We are considering adding an option to allow Track metadata in each saved Range. Here are the metadata fields that are currently used: year - track number - disc number - title - author - album - genre - composer - comment - copyright - description.

3) In your export file-format settings (accessed from the format->Edit button), make sure "Tag file with metadata" checkbox is enabled. It is disabled by default, which is an oversight on our part.

I hope this helps!

-Ben

Thanks Ben! I knew I was missing something. Smile
Hi Ben,

Has there been any movement on per track metadata?
This is a bit of a dealbreaker in being able to perform the core stuff I need Mixbus for.

Thanks Smile
(11-14-2020, 08:12 AM)metrobot Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 03:13 PM)metrobot Wrote: Whenever I export a File and import it into iTunes none of the Metadata shows up, just the file name.
-M

184 views and nobody has an answer?
Anyone else having a problem with metadata?
-M

yes i have problems but i can't do anything Smile