Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA De-Esser causes Pyramix crash
Hi,
even with the latest release of the AVA setup (dated oct. 6th), I encounter a problem with AVA-DS in Pyramix : everything's fine until I close the GUI, which makes the DAW freeze and crash.

Other plugins seem to be OK, like MB or SC...
And DS works fine with Ardour or Bitwig.
So apparently it's only a DS w/ Pyramix issue.

Any idea ?

System : Win10 Pro 1903

EDIT : same problem with AVA Multiband compressor ; impossible to close nor to remove the plug without crashing .
Sorry don't have an answer, but can I ask where did you download this ?
I just downloaded my AVA plugins again and they're dated 03/09.

None of them work on my system, opening one just freezes the whole system...
Can't even get a stacktrace or anything.
(11-03-2020, 04:53 AM)BartVaes Wrote: Sorry don't have an answer, but can I ask where did you download this ?

OK, so I have this tendency to report a problem and a few days later a solution automagically pops up Dodgy
Well, 'solution'... in my case it seems that setting a different power profile for my nVidia card fixed it. I'm using one of those dreadful Intel / nVidia dual graphics laptops on a Linux (will never make that mistake again!). Using "On demand" instead of "Max performance" makes my system more stable.
(11-05-2020, 03:51 PM)BartVaes Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 04:53 AM)BartVaes Wrote: Sorry don't have an answer, but can I ask where did you download this ?

OK, so I have this tendency to report a problem and a few days later a solution automagically pops up Dodgy
Well, 'solution'... in my case it seems that setting a different power profile for my nVidia card fixed it. I'm using one of those dreadful Intel / nVidia dual graphics laptops on a Linux (will never make that mistake again!). Using "On demand" instead of "Max performance" makes my system more stable.

Merging has a very detailed information on how to properly setup your PC for better performance on their confluence page.
Check it here: https://confluence.merging.com/display/P...ument+Home