Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Send/Retun Routing
Hi, I've been using Mixbus for an album or so to mix our material. Not a pro by any means. We just got a Motu Track 16 interface, which is old but very full-featured, and an delay/fx box I'd like to use on vocals in the mix. Ideally, I'd like to be able to record a hard capture of the fx once it's dialed in and proceed from there with my mix.

I've tried a few configurations, but I always get feedback or no sound or both. I understand why this is; the signal is being routed back into the mains. I'm a little stuck on the solution, though. The routing grid is a bit mystifying.

The physical routing has a signal coming from the phones jack, to the effects, which outputs to the analogue line in. How should I set up my track and insert to accomplish this without feedback?

OSX with USb if that makes any difference.
(10-11-2020, 01:20 AM)amanamission Wrote: Hi, I've been using Mixbus for an album or so to mix our material. Not a pro by any means. We just got a Motu Track 16 interface, which is old but very full-featured, and an delay/fx box I'd like to use on vocals in the mix. Ideally, I'd like to be able to record a hard capture of the fx once it's dialed in and proceed from there with my mix.

I've tried a few configurations, but I always get feedback or no sound or both. I understand why this is; the signal is being routed back into the mains. I'm a little stuck on the solution, though. The routing grid is a bit mystifying.

The physical routing has a signal coming from the phones jack, to the effects, which outputs to the analogue line in. How should I set up my track and insert to accomplish this without feedback?

OSX with USb if that makes any difference.

Create a new Stereo Audio Buss, on the empty top area of that Audio bus right click and create "new insert" a window will popup . On the Sends/Output TAB (top horizintal) choose the desired hardware output ( Destination - Hardware | Vertical list)
On the Returns/Input (top horizintal list) choose where the signal coming from the external gear will come.

You will need to send audio from a physical output, with cables and then return that signal to a pair of physical inputs.

After that the only thing you need to do is send from the vocal track to the Audio bus. (this can be done using right click on empty are of the vocal track and choose "New Aux Send" ) it should be there the name of the audio bus you´ve created previously.
Thanks, I'll try it that way!
It's working great. Appreciate your help!
(10-11-2020, 05:09 PM)amanamission Wrote: Thanks, I'll try it that way!
It's working great. Appreciate your help!

You´re welcome!