Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus and Mackie Control issue
Hi there,
I try to install any of my old Mackie Control-Style devices (BCF2000 or iPad via RTPMidi). Both of them have the same issue and I hope someone has a solution. When I activate my Midi-Controller and select the device as Midi-In and Out Mixbus starts something I call partymode: Every Nob starts switching and blinking and the whole system is not controlable anymore. As RTPMidi is not supported directly I have no problem, when it does not work, but the old BCF2000 shows up in the device list, so I think it should work and I am just to stupid to get it running? Perhaps someone out there has an idea. I studied the manual and tried a forumsearch, but did not find anything which solved my issue (perhaps I am blind, too).
Best
Arne
(10-06-2020, 03:23 AM)arthie Wrote: ...problem, when it does not work, but the old BCF2000 shows up in the device list, so I think it should work and I am just to stupid to get it running? Perhaps someone out there has an idea. I studied the manual and tried a forumsearch, but did not find anything which solved my issue

Do you have your BCF2000 in Logic-mode?
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
actually you may be right, as I used it last in ProTools it is set to HUI of course, that might be the issue. Stupid me not thinking of this, will give it a try using standard Mackie-Mode Big Grin Thank you for your input..
(10-07-2020, 02:28 AM)arthie Wrote: actually you may be right, as I used it last in ProTools it is set to HUI of course, that might be the issue. Stupid me not thinking of this, will give it a try using standard Mackie-Mode Big Grin Thank you for your input..

With the BCF2000 it's "Logic" mode - not the standard "Mackie" mode.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
okay, that works better, set it up exactly as the ardour manual shows, but one issue stays. The BCF works like a charm at my 8 mixbuses, but not on any audio track. is there a trick? When I switch bank to left (where my audio tracks are), the fader drives to the correct position, but it will not change it. perhaps you have a hint for me, as I seem to be blind.. thanks a lot.
Well, it's not going to be a bank to the left. Mixbusses is a single MCU view. As in--you can only control those....until you swithc to the audio channel layer. One of my objections to all these knockoff is they don't include a lot of the buttons on an MCU that are required in some apps for basic function. You should refer to the Berhinger manual to see how to switch what is labeled "Global View" on an MCU. Options should be

MIDi Tracks
Inputs
Audio Tracks
Audio Instrument
Aux
Busses
Outputs
User

audio tracks, Busses and "user" is all I use in Mixbus32c. User is genius.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
Okay, thats a good hint, I will do some manual reading and see if I can get it to work. Thanks a lot.

so I studied manual of bcf2000 and ardour and mixbus and did not find any hint, that one could switch that "layer", als says just banks left right and thats working fine, my fader of the bcf does show the value of my audio track, but it will not change it (unless it is a mixbus), that is what is strange. Perhaps someone did come along any similar issue and has a solution?

Best
Arne
I imagine you've already studied this, but there is a Global button, if that's what you need to switch between mixbus and track views. Button 4 in the top right cluster, in Pan mode. See the colour image as you scroll down.

https://manual.ardour.org/using-control-...e/#bcf2000

I have a bcf2000 somewhere (I have used an x-touch for the past year or so), if I can dig it out I'll have a play. It can be a nightmare of confusion though, I spent ages trying to sort it out in Ableton and Reaper a few years ago. Good luck!
Yes that was what I read, but perhaps I pressed something wrong, will give it a second go and start from scratch.. thank you for your advise.. I am prety sure my problem is in front of my Laptop not within Wink