Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vocal Flow on 32c mixbus channel causing vocals to dip on right channel
Hi Folks, Vocal Flow is sounding awesome. I'm having an issue that maybe user error or a glitch, not sure...
I have AVA VF inserted on a mixbus, and sending the main vocal to that mix buss for some parallel mixing.

As soon as VF is inserted onto the mixbus strip that mixbus plays from the Left only, with only about 20% volume on the right. This is only resolved by removing the plugin. I've looked at the couple setting in AVA and that seems good.

Could be my understanding of mono/stereo audio files is incorrect but im pretty certain the source channel is a stereo file.

Thanks!
AVA Vocal Flow is a mono plugin.

Source should be mono.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Thanks for that! makes sense...
Even though Vocal Flow is a Mono plugin, it can be used on a Stereo Channel or Bus. The plugin just creates another instance to accommodate the track assignment.
The Vocal Character element in VF uses the left channel to determine harmonic information which is passed to the right.
I have tested VF in stereo with 32C v 6.1.22 on a Mixbus and it works just fine.
I am not sure why you are having issues with gain differences on the RHS.
Does the level change if you bypass the stereo instance of VF ?
If you are definitely getting a L/R level discrepancy with VF in then I would suggest you email plugins@harrisonconsoles.com
Please provide them with your Hardware and OS versions
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
That's awesome thanks for clarifying how it works! I upgraded the AVA Plugin a few days ago, and it's working fine now. When I insert it onto a stereo channel the inbuilt meters in the channel strip go to mono... with the previous version of the VF plugin they remained as stereo, but it was clear the left channel was getting the VF treatment as the right channel remained very weak. So it appears this part of VF wasn't working in the first release version, which was what I bought the day it was released!

Out of interest, is there any way of getting notification from Harrison when plugins need updating?