Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no audio input
Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. I purchased a new PC, with an AMD Ryzen 3900 CPU, 32 gb of ram, Asus x570 mother board and massive amounts of EVO m2 storage. I'm using the onboard audio.

I installed Mixbus 6. I've connected, via USB, the computer to my Yamaha TF5 digital console, but I'm getting zero signal from the board into Mixbus?

What am I missing?
(10-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Brian Mills Wrote: Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. I purchased a new PC, with an AMD Ryzen 3900 CPU, 32 gb of ram, Asus x570 mother board and massive amounts of EVO m2 storage. I'm using the onboard audio.

I installed Mixbus 6. I've connected, via USB, the computer to my Yamaha TF5 digital console, but I'm getting zero signal from the board into Mixbus?

What am I missing?

Did you have a look into the audio/midi setup window? You might be still connected to the internal audio.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(10-04-2020, 12:42 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Brian Mills Wrote: Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. I purchased a new PC, with an AMD Ryzen 3900 CPU, 32 gb of ram, Asus x570 mother board and massive amounts of EVO m2 storage. I'm using the onboard audio.

What am I missing?

Did you have a look into the audio/midi setup window? You might be still connected to the internal audio.

MMM

Well, that's the thing. I went to the setup window and the connection to the TF5 is not showing up.
From my reading of the Manual, you will need to download the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver to be able to use the device as an audio interface on Windows.
The TF range will run as is using Core Audio on macOS.
https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/proaud...oduct-tabs
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5