Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copy paste problem
Hi guys. Today just a simple question about an issue I have had for years but, since i don't usually do intensive editing, i kind of ignored it:
Copy/paste in Mixbus hasn't been that easy sometimes, specially when comping an audio track from several takes. More than anything is the fact that if you don't leave the playhead at the exact point in which you want to paste the audio, it paste it on the playhead position. I mean, in other DAWs if you have selected an audio region and copy it, and then change to another take, and paste it where the previous region was, not where the playhead is. Wonder if I'm making myself understood.
In the other hand, sometimes after copying a region Mixbus paste it at the very beginning of the session.
If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong...your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
(09-24-2020, 04:22 PM)bernardo jimenez Wrote: In the other hand, sometimes after copying a region Mixbus paste it at the very beginning of the session.

There's a button where you can choose where the edit happens: mouse or playhead (see screenshot).
The easiest way to move/copy a region onto another track but locked in time is to drag it with the middle mouse button pressed. If you press ctrl at the same time, it will copy instead of just move. I'm using that all the time, very fast and accurate.

HTH
MMM

Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
thank you! I knew about the mouse/playhead button but not about the moddle mouse click to drag in-time. Will give it a try.
Cheers!
mark a region ( without  splitting )
copy
select empty track
( earlier selection of region turns visible )
paste
> nothing is copied over
???
How dense am I ?
;-)
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg