Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rendering stems for Mixbus should I wait to apply send effects?
I have a mix session in reaper where all of the tracks are eq'd and balanced where I want them. I want to render render each track and send them through Mixbus.
Should I wait to treat the tracks with send effects after I've imported them into Mixbus? Or should I treat the tracks in Reaper and render the effects returns as a separate tracks to be mixed in mixbuss?

-M
(09-24-2020, 05:36 AM)metrobot Wrote: I have a mix session in reaper where all of the tracks are eq'd and balanced where I want them. I want to render render each track and send them through Mixbus.
Should I wait to treat the tracks with send effects after I've imported them into Mixbus? Or should I treat the tracks in Reaper and render the effects returns as a separate tracks to be mixed in mixbuss?

-M

Maybe you can make the full mix in reaper and bounce only stems for Mixbus MOJO ?
(09-24-2020, 07:56 AM)pepe44 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 05:36 AM)metrobot Wrote: I have a mix session in reaper where all of the tracks are eq'd and balanced where I want them. I want to render render each track and send them through Mixbus.

-M

Maybe you can make the full mix in reaper and bounce only stems for Mixbus MOJO ?

That's what I had in mind. I actually prefer mixing in mix bus but my old 2011 MacBook Pro struggles with mixbus when using useful plugins like SPAN.

(09-24-2020, 07:56 AM)pepe44 Wrote:

-M

That's what I had in mind. I actually prefer mixing in mix bus but my old 2011 MacBook Pro struggles with mixbus when using useful plugins like SPAN.
Well, really you can treat the tracks in Reaper and mute the channels in MB if you don't like those results.