Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash city in 32c
(09-21-2020, 01:35 PM)patrick_ Wrote: My pc specs are above.

I run Protools Ultimate with no issues. That's why I'm saying BULLETPROOF.

ALL my driver's are up to date. Like I said I have NO problems with my baby.

It's just mixbuss glitching

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Hi Partick_ welcome to the Mixbus Forum... just a few things to clarify about your setup...
Are you using the internal sound card or if not what audio interface are you using for Mixbus ?
Is that interface being used by / shared with any other application ?
Are your Mixbus projects on a hard drive that is not your 'C' (or O/S) drive or a physical partition off the 'C' drive ?
What sample rate are you running at ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-21-2020, 07:43 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 01:35 PM)patrick_ Wrote: My pc specs are above.

I run Protools Ultimate with no issues. That's why I'm saying BULLETPROOF.

ALL my driver's are up to date. Like I said I have NO problems with my baby.

It's just mixbuss glitching

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Hi Partick_ welcome to the Mixbus Forum... just a few things to clarify about your setup...
Are you using the internal sound card or if not what audio interface are you using for Mixbus ?
Is that interface being used by / shared with any other application ?
Are your Mixbus projects on a hard drive that is not your 'C' (or O/S) drive or a physical partition off the 'C' drive ?
What sample rate are you running at ?

My setup is

I-7 8700k,

32gb ram,

2x 1TB NVME,

Win10 LTSC,

2x apollo X6

Nvidia 1070 GPU

I run at 96k.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Analog4Lyfe
Patrick - I'm a long time Windows user, previously running Mixbus under Win7, Win8, Win10 and even WinXP in the early days. I'd never had any issues with Windows until Win10 - which crashes constantly and even resets my PC sometimes for no apparent reason. Win10 is truly awful IMHO Angry I've tried it on various different machines and it's been totally unreliable with all of them !

Fortunately in my case, it's not Mixbus which crashes (MB is remarkably solid) but other apps crash constantly (even though they're fine with Win7 and Win8...)

A few days ago I came across this post from a Pyramix user who'd found some tips for making DAW's run better under Win10. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but it might be worthwhile for you to take a look...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(09-22-2020, 01:58 AM)johne53 Wrote: A few days ago I came across this post from a Pyramix user who'd found some tips for making DAW's run better under Win10. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but it might be worthwhile for you to take a look...
That's my post and I'm not a Pyramix user, just stumbled across that guide. I don't usually use Windows for audio but do have it set up to do so and had no problem with Win10 for simple recording 30 tracks via USB/MADI. I mainly use Win10 for games.
I already implemented a lot of those tweaks anyway and I believe Win10 can be an OK operating system for audio (and games) as long as a lot of its default processes are disabled. Without extensive tweaking like that it's pretty rubbish IMHO.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

I’m not using stock win 10. Mines is the barebones version hence LTSC.

So when I was exporting and it crashed..... I got the message cannot find uad drivers. That’s weird as heck hence it’s using the uad to playback.

@Analog4Lyfe
(09-22-2020, 12:57 PM)patrick_ Wrote: I’m not using stock win 10. Mines is the barebones version hence LTSC.
So when I was exporting and it crashed..... I got the message cannot find uad drivers. That’s weird as heck hence it’s using the uad to playback.

There you have a hint. It has something to do with your bullet proof machine and/or your setup.
If you send a screenshot of your MB audio/midi setup window we might get further...

MMM

Next step: disconnect your UAD and use something else and check if it still crashes. As I recommended in my first post on this.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I believe that a LTSC Windows version is not the best option for a DAW computer. It's meant for "install and forget" type of uses like vendor machines, DAB's, medical equipment and all that sort of stuff. It's not meant to get driver updates or software updates, not even to have new software installed. Updates and new software may require the latest versions of some Windows components to work properly. It's really a "don't touch" version of Windows. It's actually all but "bullet proof". Change one single component of the whole system and you might make everything unstable. End users should not modify the initial install in any way.
Dirk, Thank You for answering my question.
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(09-23-2020, 11:23 AM)Dirk Offringa Wrote: I believe that a LTSC Windows version is not the best option for a DAW computer. It's meant for "install and forget" type of uses like vendor machines, DAB's, medical equipment and all that sort of stuff. It's not meant to get driver updates or software updates, not even to have new software installed. Updates and new software may require the latest versions of some Windows components to work properly. It's really a "don't touch" version of Windows. It's actually all but "bullet proof". Change one single component of the whole system and you might make everything unstable. End users should not modify the initial install in any way.

Well I and 3 of my productions partners are on win 10 LTSC and have been working just fine.

I just wait till mixbuss gets optimized better.

If protools run glitch free here then that means everything here is ok. And I own every DAW.

@Analog4Lyfe
[quote='patrick_' pid='53090' dateline='1600905880']
[If protools run glitch free here then that means everything here is ok. And I own every DAW.
/quote]

So you actually didn't seek help here, you just wanted to let us know that you own every DAW and that PT runs on your rig, which is of course perfect. It's just the buggy Mixbus and us stupidos here which don't comply with you. Good on you. Thanks for wasting our time.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths