Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foldback Buses Pre-Fader Issue (Solved)
Hey, everyone.

I'm gettin some issues with the Foldback busses.

Cut to the chase.
I'm recording some live bands and I need different monitoring for each member.

1. No troubles creating tracks and routing for monitoring in the control room throu the Master and the monitoring section. I got everything i need.
2. I create 3 Foldback Buses. "Drummer FB", "Singer FB" and "Bassist FB"
3. I create Foldback sends (Pre-Fader) to the busses in the tracks i need it.
4. I adjust levels to the monitoring of each Fodback "show sends" menu.

Till now, everything just perfect... But...

When I start to move the faders of the tracks to adjust what i'm hearing in the control room every send to the foldback bus is affected.
So... This is not Pre-Fader.

I can't see the Foldback Sends (it's ok, that's what it has to be) so I can't drop it pre or post as i do with the aux busses.

Any thoughts?
Is there a log file available that you can check out?
(09-23-2020, 02:51 PM)getreg Wrote: Is there a log file available that you can check out?

Hey, first thanks for answering.

Regarding this topic in this forum, in the facebook group or in the mixbus support email, it seems that the MUTE button works perfectly. Dodgy

No, there's no logfile for this, as there are no crashes or issue beyond the fact that this feature is not working as Pre-Fader.

It seems impossible, but I would like to know if anyone else has this problem just to make it clear if it's a bug in the release or is it a problem with my configuration.
(09-24-2020, 06:37 AM)MikeTPR Wrote: It seems impossible, but I would like to know if anyone else has this problem just to make it clear if it's a bug in the release or is it a problem with my configuration.
Yes I can confirm that there appears to be an issue with Foldback busses not sending pre-fader.
I have let the developers know. Also if you want to see your foldback busses, the foldback strip may be redisplayed by going to the View tab and selecting “Mixer: Show Foldback Strip”.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
[/quote]
Yes I can confirm that there appears to be an issue with Foldback busses not sending pre-fader.
I have let the developers know. Also if you want to see your foldback busses, the foldback strip may be redisplayed by going to the View tab and selecting “Mixer: Show Foldback Strip”.
[/quote]

Great! Thak You so much!

You don't know how reassuring me to know that it's not a problem with my setup. I've been around this for too long and and no one seemed to know about it.

Again thanks.
Hope they fix it in the next update, it would really be a very useful feature if it worked properly.