Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus V6 tried another setup
As Mac with Scarlet 2i2 is not recording and playing through second chanel I tried Windows and a Roland QuadCapture. When using ASIO driver Mixbus Crashes, when using MME it works and records two tracks, but does not play any of them. Any ideas? Which Setup (Mac, Windows with which interface) will work? Actually I purchased this software and cannot get any use out of it right now.
Would be good if anyone could help me setting this up.
Best
Arne
Check my answer in macOS... http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid52917
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@arthie:

On Windows, the Roland QuadCapture (and other Roland devices) use an older ASIO protocol. You'll need to click the "Buffered I/O" button to use the quadcapture. This is documented in our manual. Sorry for the trouble!!!

Regarding your comment that "scarlett is not recording and playing through second channel", I think that can only be a user-setup problem, because Mixbus will definitely use both sides of a device when you select it. I suggest creating a "NEW" session which will default your master bus to feed both outputs. (and also check the focusrite control panel as described by Dingo ... although I think for the scarlett there is very little to change there)

Best,
-Ben
Hi Ben and Dingo, thank you for advice. I tried creating new sessions multiple times, that did not solve the problem. I will try that Buffered I/O setting. But on Windows my Lexicon Omega works Big Grin On Mac (would prefer working on Mac as it is my work-Laptop and has more nice plugIns). my scarlet works with other software, so I think this should be set up correctly, but mixbus just does not show up the second channel, any suggestions? Could try Omega studio via USB-Hub, as it has not USB-C so I cannot plug it in directly. If you do not have additional ideas I could perhaps ask focusrite for help, too.