Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Start and End markers not appearing?
I have a mix open, and I don't see a Start or End marker, which I will need for exporting the mix. I can just make marker 1 be Start and another marker be End, but is this supposed to be automatically inserted? Or maybe they are hidden somehow?

Right now it won't export the mix because it says no range has been selected. It's looking for the Start and End markers I suppose. Is there a way to autimatically generate those?
https://mixingtheband.com
Home of The Ear Training Kit™
(09-08-2020, 01:08 AM)Mixing The Band Wrote: I have a mix open, and I don't see a Start or End marker, which I will need for exporting the mix. I can just make marker 1 be Start and another marker be End, but is this supposed to be automatically inserted? Or maybe they are hidden somehow?

You can check yourself: press "home" on the keyboard and the playhead jumps to what is recognised as "Start", similarly press "end" on the keyboard.

If nothing helps, draw a range over the desired recording length, name it, and choose this in the export dialogue.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I have made 2 markers and named one Start and one End, and as of yet I cannot export using these.

Pressing Home goes the session start, and there is no marker, and I want to make the start time actually be when the song starts, there is some blank space up front. Nothing happens when I hit the End button, there is no end marker yet.

Thanks, I selected an area with the song in it, and right clicked on the range ruler to make a range, and selected that range in the export dialog box, and it looks like it will export that range. I'd still like to know how to generate the Start and End markers without having to re-import the audio into a new session, I have a mix up. This will allow me to export the mix though.

OK, I figured it out from an old thread.

"Select the desired Range (with the Range tool)

Right-click on the Range and select "Set Session start&end from Selection" from the menu"
https://mixingtheband.com
Home of The Ear Training Kit™
(09-08-2020, 01:29 AM)Mixing The Band Wrote: OK, I figured it out from an old thread.

"Select the desired Range (with the Range tool)

Right-click on the Range and select "Set Session start&end from Selection" from the menu"

Ha, I was close Smile - Just never had the case, now it's safely stored in the little wiki between my ears. Thanks for sharing.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Another way you can achieve this is go to "Transport" menu scroll down to "Markers" and select "Set Session Start Or (End) from Playhead". One caveat is you cannot place the Start ahead of the End. I personally wish they would enable this, to allow playing the selection backwards.
(09-08-2020, 09:39 PM)srlaudio Wrote: Another way you can achieve this is go to "Transport" menu scroll down to "Markers" and select "Set Session Start Or (End) from Playhead". One caveat is you cannot place the Start ahead of the End. I personally wish they would enable this, to allow playing the selection backwards.

I purchased a Groove 3 tutorial on Mixbus v6 and I remember somewhere in it that he played a tambourine track backward. Seems like it was on a context menu, but I can't seem to find it at this time.

(09-12-2020, 10:26 AM)Perry Warren Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 09:39 PM)srlaudio Wrote: Another way you can achieve this is go to "Transport" menu scroll down to "Markers" and select "Set Session Start Or (End) from Playhead". One caveat is you cannot place the Start ahead of the End. I personally wish they would enable this, to allow playing the selection backwards.

I purchased a Groove 3 tutorial on Mixbus v6 and I remember somewhere in it that he played a tambourine track backward. Seems like it was on a context menu, but I can't seem to find it at this time.
I found it. You can click on a region or multiple regions and press Alt+4 and it will actually reverse the audio in those regions. Then when you hit play, you hear it reversed obviously since it actually flipped the audio. Select the region or regions again and hit Alt+4 to undo. Or hit Ctrl+Z if it was the last action.