Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32c won't start
Hey hello!
I just bought Mixbus but sadly hit a roadblock pretty much instandly.
After installing it on my Acer Nitro 5 it asked for my license which I put in but then nothing happend. I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry, reinstalling it with or without the WASAPI drivers but nothing worked.
Then I tried installing it on my PC and it worked the first time. Now I'm completly out of ideas.
I tried running it over CMD and this turned up. Any ideas how I could fix this?

Mixbus32C: [INFO]: MMCSS Initialized
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Mixbus32C to 2048 open files
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\system_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX-capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Using AVX optimized routines
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading plugin meta data file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\plugin_metadata\plugin_tags
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\default_ui_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading 449 MIDI patches from C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\patchfiles
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading color file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\themes\dark-mixbus32c.colors
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\clearlooks.rc
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading bindings from C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\ardour.keys
Loading ui configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-6\share\ardour6\clearlooks.rc
Cannot connect to named pipe after wait = \\.\pipe\server_jack_default_0 err = 2
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Although those last few lines look like errors, they're quite normal. Does any icon appear on your Windows launch bar (at the bottom of your screen) ?

Also, are you running on Windows 7? I've a vague memory that Mixbus wouldn't start on Win7 if you didn't have anything plugged into your audio inputs & outputs. Not sure if that's still true for Windows 10.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Nope it doesn't appear in the Launch Bar or in the Task Manager. It seems to just quit itself right after the error messages. I also tried to install Jack manually but that did nothing aswell.
I'm running on Win10 with the newest updates. My PC has the same version of Win10 and it works perfectly on there. Thats the most confusing thing to me.
Yeah, that's pretty weird. I'm guessing you must've licensed it (because those lines about Jack don't normally appear until after the license window)
(09-08-2020, 01:00 AM)Schnubbi Wrote: Nope it doesn't appear in the Launch Bar or in the Task Manager. It seems to just quit itself right after the error messages. I also tried to install Jack manually but that did nothing aswell.
I'm running on Win10 with the newest updates. My PC has the same version of Win10 and it works perfectly on there. Thats the most confusing thing to me.

Could you try to create another user account, log in as that user and start Mixbus from there?

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(09-08-2020, 06:11 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Could you try to create another user account, log in as that user and start Mixbus from there?

Or before trying that... right-click on your Mixbus icon and choose Run as Administrator. Maybe that'll tell us something Huh
I tried running it as Administrator, but the same thing happens. I did get the license Prompt the first time I installed it and that worked, but now it seems to be registered and no matter how clean I try to uninstall, the license stays active.
(09-08-2020, 07:53 AM)Schnubbi Wrote: I tried running it as Administrator, but the same thing happens. I did get the license Prompt the first time I installed it and that worked, but now it seems to be registered and no matter how clean I try to uninstall, the license stays active.

That's because it's a txt file in your home directory. No voodoo there. And certainly not the reason why your mixbus is not starting.
Try a fresh user account - "Run as Administrator" still uses your current environment.
In the fresh user account Mixbus should start (hopefully start) in demo mode. This would proof that there's something in your user account. If it doesn't start, it's something in the system, one possible vector excluded.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Ok thanks for help this far!
I just tried it with a different User Account but sadly it doesn't make a difference. I click on Demo Mode and nothing happens.
It sounds like this stopped working after you entered your llcense details.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your home folder. You should see a file whose name begins with license_key_harrison.

Try moving that file to a different folder temporarily (move it - don't just copy it !!) and just see if that brings up a new licensing window when you next launch Mixbus. If it does, just tell it to continue unlicensed and let us know what happens.