Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to MixBus 32c have a couple of issues.
I really like the interface of MixBus and hope to use it as my only DAW for my upcoming home studio build.

My current PC is and original i7 930 2.5Ghz with 12 Gigabytes of maxed out ram. ASUS PT-6 Motherboard, AMD 570 Video. Zoom H6 used as USB audio interface.

It will be getting replaced with a new Ryzen 3950X MSI X570 GODLIKE motherboard, build that will be liquid cooled, have 128 Gigabytes of memory, M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 SSDs and the new Nvidia 3080 video card whenever I can obtain one. It's a multi-purpose computer, hence the need for so much RAM and choice of processor and video card. I figure, with this much horsepower, it should be fine for DAW use. I did do a lot of research about single thread performance, real-time performance article as it relates to DAWs, etc. I fought long and hard with myself by choosing to go AMD this time around. I read about many DAW workstations using the the new 3900 series Ryzen. I do not make a living with recording, It is just a obsessive hobby. lol

Two problems I am experiencing with MixBus 32c v6 on my current computer are:

1. MB scans for LV2 plugins on every launch and it takes an eternity to scan them.

Q: How do I get MB to stop scanning LV2 plugins at launch? I have searched everywhere to find a solution to this and cannot find one.

2: After some time has passed while working in MB 32c, an incredibly annoying distorted, static filled noise starts to blast from the headphones attached to the ZOOM 6.

This is a show stopper.

Q: Is it my aging PC architecture doing this? I have updated all of the drivers including the Motherboard and video card firmware, the ZOOM drivers and firmware, etc. I read somewhere that an improper licensed copy of MixBus will do this but I have a current license.

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions.

Mark
Hi Mark!

The HW is only a part of the equation. What's your operating system and which variation of it is it?
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(09-05-2020, 10:52 AM)markrj01 Wrote: 1. MB scans for LV2 plugins on every launch and it takes an eternity to scan them.

Q: How do I get MB to stop scanning LV2 plugins at launch? I have searched everywhere to find a solution to this and cannot find one.

Hi markrj01,

Not sure if this will help, but in Preferences / Plugins / try unchecking:

“Automatically check for Harrison LV2 plugin updates (requires internet access)”
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 10:52 AM)markrj01 Wrote: 1. MB scans for LV2 plugins on every launch and it takes an eternity to scan them.

Hi markrj01,

“Automatically check for Harrison LV2 plugin updates (requires internet access)”

DINGO... OT What year/model is your Mini MAC?
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(09-05-2020, 11:47 AM)Jostein Wrote: Hi Mark!

The HW is only a part of the equation. What's your operating system and which variation of it is it?

Sorry about that! I knew I was forgetting something. lol

Windows 10 v1903 OS build 18362.720

(09-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Dingo Wrote:

Hi markrj01,

I do not see that option.

[Image: Mixbus32-C-Preferences-Plugins.jpg]

[Image: Mixbus32-C-Preferences-Plugins-VST.jpg]

I can live with the scanning of the plugins. What I can't live with is the distorted noise that starts randomly after launching MixBus. On occasion it will happen immediately, but it usually takes a few minutes, and I can be doing anything when it happens.
(09-05-2020, 03:24 PM)markrj01 Wrote: I do not see that option.

I can live with the scanning of the plugins. What I can't live with is the distorted noise that starts randomly after launching MixBus. On occasion it will happen immediately, but it usually takes a few minutes, and I can be doing anything when it happens.
Sorry I was not in front of my computer when I posted... that was an option that has been removed in v6 on.
As to the noise, to make sure you are licensed properly when you launch Mixbus, it shows the Session Setup window, in the lower section of this window you should see a line " This copy of Mixbus is licensed to: (your name)" if this is not the case then your license is not installed properly and your are hearing the noise burst that comes with demo only copy.

(09-05-2020, 03:19 PM)rdesanti Wrote: DINGO... OT What year/model is your Mini MAC?

I am using a 2018 (8,1) Mac Mini 3 GHz i5 with 32G of RAM
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 03:24 PM)markrj01 Wrote: I do not see that option.

Sorry I was not in front of my computer when I posted... that was an option that has been removed in v6 on.
As to the noise, to make sure you are licensed properly when you launch Mixbus, it shows the Session Setup window, in the lower section of this window you should see a line " This copy of Mixbus is licensed to: (your name)" if this is not the case then your license is not installed properly and your are hearing the noise burst that comes with demo only copy.

The license text looks good to me.