Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting a Playlist
How do you delete a playlist?
(08-12-2020, 01:04 PM)Perry Warren Wrote: How do you delete a playlist?

Right click on Track > Playlist > Clear Current
Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
(08-12-2020, 03:24 PM)JiriR Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 01:04 PM)Perry Warren Wrote: How do you delete a playlist?

Right click on Track > Playlist > Clear Current

Thanks. That deletes the region from the playlist, but doesn't actually delete the playlist itself.
There is currently no button to delete a Playlist. I think this is related to the fact that tracks can potentially share a playlist (a fairly dangerous, esoteric, and power-user feature) and also perhaps as a safety-net for our persistent Undo system.

Since Mixbus sessions are unencrypted and human-readable, it's probably possible to edit the session file by hand and remove any <Playlist>...</Playlist> entries you don't want. But that's for power-users only. If you remove a playlist you should make sure that nothing is referencing its "ID". And you should probably erase the snapshot's .history file so there's no chance trying to Undo a change that was made in that (now nonexistent) playlist.

I think the Playlist system is ripe for an overhaul. Proposals are welcomed on the "Feature Request" subforum.

-Ben
(09-18-2020, 10:22 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: There is currently no button to delete a Playlist. I think this is related to the fact that tracks can potentially share a playlist (a fairly dangerous, esoteric, and power-user feature) and also perhaps as a safety-net for our persistent Undo system.

Since Mixbus sessions are unencrypted and human-readable, it's probably possible to edit the session file by hand and remove any <Playlist>...</Playlist> entries you don't want. But that's for power-users only. If you remove a playlist you should make sure that nothing is referencing its "ID". And you should probably erase the snapshot's .history file so there's no chance trying to Undo a change that was made in that (now nonexistent) playlist.

I think the Playlist system is ripe for an overhaul. Proposals are welcomed on the "Feature Request" subforum.

-Ben

Can probably included in an update?