Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved - [split] MIDI drum issue in v6.1.22
Running v6.1.22 Mixbus on windows - I've got a strange midi issue. When playing on my e-drums notes are triggering properly, but when playing back a recording of midi notes it appears all notes a re-triggering on release with a velocity of 64.

I'll add that this issue happens with Slate drums as well as the built in red zeppelin kit.
@jvvh: anecdotally, I think it's the case that some devices send "note on velocity 0" instead of "note off" messages. if you have a device that does that, and you have a midi-filter in place that is scaling all your velocities up, then it might explain what you are seeing.

To view exactly what's coming from your device, and then also what's coming out of the playback of mixbus, you can insert the "a-midi monitor" plugin on that track. Hopefully that will help you resolve the issue.
Hi Ben, thanks for your speedy reply! I've confirmed the device(a Roland HD3) is not the issue - and it behaves correctly when played.

Even drawing midi notes on a brand new instrument midi channel using the Red Zeppelin kit exhibits the same issue - one note trigger at the set velocity on note on, a second note trigger at velocity 64 on note off.
@jvvh: I tried a quick test and was unable to recreate your problem. Please write our support email mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com with your system details, and please send your session snapshot (the file ending in .ardour) so we can try to recreate it here.

-Ben
I'm unable to find a repro method at all, the only thing I can think of is that I messed about with the midi settings for my Zoom control surface. It's possible I managed to create a midi loop or something.

Resolved for now, will update if it comes back. Thanks for your help!
Just managed to repro the issue, or possibly found another issue that is having a similar effect - when playing back stacked takes each layer is triggering notes rather than just the top layer.