Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show full disc path audio files?
Hi all,

I cannot seem to find a way to show full disc path for audio sources, see attached pic. Also, the columns seem to be un-sizeable - I thought at one time they could be resized (rather like the way a spreadsheet column can be) but that too seems impossible.

And lastly, having clicked on info for a file, the pop up box will not close , it's even front of view whilst I'm typing this in Safari...odd!

Any suggestion welcome, thanks

Simon

An alternative to GUI menus and screens is looking at the contents of your session
(songname.ardour) file. That contains a variable populated with the full paths to every
sound file in that session. If there is nothing listed there, then the sound files should
all be found in the "audiofiles" folder, located further down in that session branch.

It may seem old school or too techie to get to know what's in your session file, but
I will tell you, it will save the day if/when you decide to move your song's sessions
over to another folder or onto another system - and your session can't find any of its
song files!!!!

Cheers!
Patrick
(08-05-2020, 07:24 AM)Scardanelli Wrote: Hi all,

I cannot seem to find a way to show full disc path for audio sources, see attached pic. Also, the columns seem to be un-sizeable - I thought at one time they could be resized (rather like the way a spreadsheet column can be) but that too seems impossible.
If you right click on the top header of Mixbus you can display the path to the session folder.

The Path column will only show the full disc name for files that exist 'outside' the session folder.

(08-05-2020, 07:24 AM)Scardanelli Wrote: And lastly, having clicked on info for a file, the pop up box will not close , it's even front of view whilst I'm typing this in Safari...odd!

Simon
Hit ESC to clear the pop up.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo - that is helpful.
good to know that all audio with no path showing is in the correct folder!

(08-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 07:24 AM)Scardanelli Wrote: Hi all,

If you right click on the top header of Mixbus you can display the path to the session folder.

The Path column will only show the full disc name for files that exist 'outside' the session folder.

(08-05-2020, 07:24 AM)Scardanelli Wrote: And lastly, having clicked on info for a file, the pop up box will not close , it's even front of view whilst I'm typing this in Safari...odd!

Simon
Hit ESC to clear the pop up.