Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bheringer X-Touch Compact mapping gone?
Hello guys, I've already sent an email to Harrison's support but I wanted to share this with you and see if anyone had same issue.

I used just 1 time my control surface without any issue in one mix to write all the automation, and in an empty one, just to see how the encoders are mapped about EQ, Compressor, etc.
Everything worked just fine.

I unplugged the surface and today I wanted to use it again, not possible. The only thing that works are the master fader and the transport controls.
Anything else (faders, track select, solo, muting, eq, bank slides, etc) just doesn't works.
Apparently the mapping has gone? I mean, if I try to edit manually in the "plain" column I can make that for example the EQ encoder when pressed arms the track 1 for recording. So the surface is still working but suddenly I cannot use it.

Has someone fighted with this before? Also updated to V6.1 and that doesn't fixed the problem.

Thanks!!

Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
This is odd, even the Support doesn't answered my emails from las week.
Any ideas someone?
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
(07-27-2020, 09:07 PM)Pi_K Wrote: This is odd, even the Support doesn't answered my emails from las week.
Any ideas someone?

Hi
I am a X-touch user. I am on version 1.21 and i have no problems.

What i do see is that USB is rether unreliable: not just on X-touch

One thing i am totally different : I am on Mac , but that should not have any consequences on the controller config.

Later i will try to see of Windows is ok as well : but I am rather busy

Kind Regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Thank you Frank!
Still no answer from Support.
I just can confirm that at least the cable isnt the issue because I can play with my midi keyboard without issues.

Im still making all kind of combinations on the startup to see if something works...
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!
this is weird, first time that Im still sending emails to support but no answer so far Confused
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!
Hi Frank, finally I figured out somehow after almost 4hs testing.
First thing I did and the "eureka" moment was opening the session that was the first and the only that it worked fine and for my surprise the controller worked ok again on that session.
After that were all kind of combos trying to reproduce the issue.
The thing is that "somehow" if you open a session without the config of the conteoller activated and you select the midi in and out and still not working, you can sace the session, close Mixbus, power cycle the conteoller and then opening again the session the controller starts working as it should.
So I tried this method in every session that I reported the bug and suddenly now doing this cycle thing it started to work.

This is kinda weird, weird like should be adressed on a stress testing on software development stage.
And I started this cycle test because of another thing that happened to me, if you have a track in SOLO and you decide to hide and inactivate that track, you are stuck with every other track in MUTE until you go find that soloed hidden and inactive track... and unsolo it to free the rest of the mix.

So far Ben answered one of my emails saying that the werent able to see my surface issue yet. Im gonna reply back letting him know about this post.
Hopefully it will help someone.
Estudio Dream Big
Nothing can go wrong!