Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PPM color scheme
Is there a way to change color for the PPM on the channels so they indicate overs? Instead of all green, change to yellow then red. Thanks
(07-20-2020, 12:03 AM)jazzyanne Wrote: Is there a way to change color for the PPM on the channels so they indicate overs? Instead of all green, change to yellow then red. Thanks
Hi jazzyanne welcome to the forum.
I am not aware of anyway to adjust the channel meters, but have a look at the Meterbridge, that might assist your needs.
Window / Meterbridge.
Parameters (Peak Hold etc) can be set in Preferences / Metering.
Meterbridge UI (Display Busses etc.) options are found in Session / Properties.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
For indicating overs we must know which over we want to see. The indicator has option in/out/pre-/postfader/custom

I use IN and I do not know why it is not the default as in most consoles for gain staging. I think the IN over can be handled by the 32bit floating point but I cannot accept this answer since plugins may not handle this overload.

In PT the meter changes its color above some -dB automatically. It can be also a later development for MB like in the TT Dynamic Range meter or any VU meters: green-yellow-red at certain dBs like green till -8 (or -6), yellow from -8 and red from -1dB. And be the same at any of the 5 meter settings.
This option I could support
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I kinda remember reading somewhere in the discussions here that, because Mixbus
channels process at 32-bit float resolution, there is no channel strip signal level that
can reach overload and, therefore, why the PPM LEDs are all green.

Can someone else verify this?

Cheers!
Patrick
Thanks to all.