Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDMF Metaplugin
Curious if there are any people that use this in Mixbus, and how their experience has been, with latency etc.
Don't know it, but looks like it is providing similar functionality as Carla. Most commonly Carla is used in linux, but I think it has also windows version.
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
I'm getting ready to try it with Celemony Melodyne.

Wish me luck!
(07-20-2020, 06:48 AM)tavasti Wrote: Don't know it, but looks like it is providing similar functionality as Carla. Most commonly Carla is used in linux, but I think it has also windows version.

https://github.com/falkTX/Carla/releases...-win64.zip

https://github.com/falkTX/Carla/releases...-win32.zip
So, as I said, I tried it with Mixbus-32C Ver. 6 and Celemony Melodyne Ver. 5.
As some of you know, Melodyne 5 is ONLY available as a VST3 plugin, so will not work in Mixbus without some help.

I'm pleased to report that Melodyne worked very well running through Metaplugin in Mixbus. I can't really speak to latency on this, because I didn't do any live recording with it. Kind of pointless given the purpose and workflow of Melodyne.

I should mention that this test was performed on a ridiculously slow, eight year old laptop. Pentium B980 2.4GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM, and Windows 8.1. There was a little bit of interface lag from time to time. I had Metaplugin/Melodyne inserted on two tracks. The only time I really managed to crash it was trying to have both Melodyne windows open simultaneously.

Other than that, it performed surprisingly well, considering the lack of horsepower.
When you use Melodyne 5 vst true Metaplugin, are all the Mixbus functions like eq, in that track working?
Here I can only use the fader, all the other functions won’t move.
Mixbus 6 C32 in Windows 10
Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
(08-08-2020, 02:45 AM)Rick Diver Wrote: When you use Melodyne 5 vst true Metaplugin, are all the Mixbus functions like eq, in that track working?
Here I can only use the fader, all the other functions won’t move.
Mixbus 6 C32 in Windows 10

I had EQ and compression working on those channels.