Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland REAC driver anyone?
I'm trying to do some tracking from a Roland M400 console. I believe the only way to use the Ethernet based REAC split from the console is with the old REAC driver that only works on Windows 7 & 8. So, I've installed the 32 bit version of Mixbus on a 32 bit Windows 7 machine. But when trying to start the audio system with the REAC ASIO driver in the Audio/MIDI Setup window, I find that it won't start and gives me a curious pop up message box. It says "No Error occurred"! But even after clicking OK the audio system doesn't start.

I DO have Reaper installed on this machine and haven't had any issues tracking with it with the Roland REAC 2.0 driver. That said, I don't care for the Reaper UI and would prefer something much simpler, hence Mixbus.

Any suggestions etc?

Update!

Mixbus IS working with the REAC 2.0 driver on Windows 8.1 64 bit, but I had to change the buffer size setting in the REAC control panel before starting Mixbus...
The default was 11,520 and DID match between the the REAC control and the Mixbus window but that setting didn't work. Changing it to 4608 (I believe) worked. I'll experiment with more buffer settings but I wanted to update this post.

Also, I think that the "Use Buffered I/O" has to be checked.

I recorded a few minutes of a 8 or so tracks with these settings and all seemed fine.
And now I'm finding my next road block.

I would like to use the built-in audio of this computer to monitor the output of MixBus. I installed ASIO4all and now that is the only ASIO device that shows up as an option in the MixBus Audio/MIDI Setup window. If I select that then all I get is the stereo input from the internal sound device (presumably on the motherboard).

BUT!! In Reaper I am able to select the REAC ASIO driver for the input and the ASIO4all driver for the output. And it works!

Back to the drawering board...