Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please keep it simple and great
Just wanted to express to Harrison's developers my concern that Mixbus might ended having a million options like other DAWs. I think what makes Mixbus great is, apart from its great sound, how simple and straightforward it is. Specially when mixing.
Please don't try to emulate other DAW. Mixbus is great because is different. Is like being in front an analog mixing desk. I know many of us don't want it to change.
Love Mixbus and is my main DAW (every now and then when i need very complex midi options I use Live, but when it comes to audio recording and mixing, nothing gets near Mixbus.
(07-08-2020, 12:11 PM)bernardo jimenez Wrote: Just wanted to express to Harrison's developers my concern that Mixbus might ended having a million options like other DAWs. I think what makes Mixbus great is, apart from its great sound, how simple and straightforward it is. Specially when mixing.
Please don't try to emulate other DAW. Mixbus is great because is different. Is like being in front an analog mixing desk. I know many of us don't want it to change.
Love Mixbus and is my main DAW (every now and then when i need very complex midi options I use Live, but when it comes to audio recording and mixing, nothing gets near Mixbus.
I am in complete agreement with you Bernardo! Keep Mixbus simple, straightforward and as ANALOG as possible for as long as possible. I have always feared that the developers would submit to the many requests that Mixbus "act like other DAWs. I do get upset with all the " I love the sound and the 'workflow' but can you make do this or that like the DAW that I have been using". I want to say to some people " If you want Mixbus to do this or that like PT or Cubase or something else than just go back to your previous DAW and leave Mixbus alone. But I know that would not be the right thing to do.
Sorry for the rant
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
The main selling point of Mixbus is it's analog workflow, so you have nothing to worry about. And when the MIDI functionality are working as it should, then I'm happy.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Bernardo is 1000% right
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
+1 and then some to what they said (Bernardo, Theotherguy, Jostein & Tassy)
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
Im loving it! (I think thats already taken)
But yes, please stay on track.
I came from Cool Edit, then Adobe Audition just to Harrison because of the workflow and saturation.
Rigth now Im mixing a song wich we also recorded using mixbus!