Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LATEST VERSION
Star 
It's July 2020 my latest version is .702
So is this the latest version? Huh
We should keep the dates and versions on general discussion so we can stay on top of updates. Just a suggestion. I'm talking about incremental updates, not major ones as we all pretty much get those. Big Grin
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
Yes it is.... http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid49494
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-05-2020, 06:08 PM)rdesanti Wrote: It's July 2020 my latest version is .702

Haven't checked recently, but it can be found out easily: the current demo download version is the current version. But I agree, it's cumbersome, a "check for updates" button or simply printing the current full version number on the web page would be good.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-05-2020, 07:24 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Haven't checked recently, but it can be found out easily: the current demo download version is the current version. But I agree, it's cumbersome, a "check for updates" button or simply printing the current full version number on the web page would be good.

MMM

TOTALLY AGREE!
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(07-05-2020, 07:24 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

MMM

Hmm I think Max is a bit confused, happens many times: he claims its winter while its summer, his clock is half an our off, his table is too small for his schnitsel. But we have a a clear page in the general discussion like rdesanti asked and Dingo already indicated.

regards

Frank

so we can take the Button from the roadmap, and the assigment to create a version page to the web maintainers.

there :
Harrison Mixbus Forum / Mixbus User Forum / Mixbus Software Releases & Updates
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(07-06-2020, 06:39 AM)Frank Wrote: there :
Harrison Mixbus Forum / Mixbus User Forum / Mixbus Software Releases & Updates

That doesn't really kill it for me...
How about a pinned read-only post on top of the general sections, just the subject containing the current (sub-)version, can be maintained by any moderator, there are not sooo many releases.

MMM

P.S. I think the flying dutchman got it wrong: it is winter and bitter cold, sometimes below +10 Celsius!!!
Linux throughout!

We've changed the update policy many times in the last 10 years.

Currently we are following a policy where the latest, best-tested version is always available on the store for new/demo users. The hotfixes in these releases are typically small and affect only a small set of people, so we do not "push" a message every time we update the store.

Enthusiasts can keep up with the latest packages on the store by following this forum: http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-9.html

When a new minor version (.1) with lots of new features & fixes is ready, we send "push" notices (via email and the mixbus startup screen) that the new version is available.

A "Check for new updates" button is a good idea, but it's arguable that in these cases you'd also want to know all the details, so it'll likely go to the forum anyway.

Let me know what you think!
-Ben

P.S. v6.1 is coming soon!
(07-06-2020, 08:29 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: A "Check for new updates" button is a good idea, but it's arguable that in these cases you'd also want to know all the details, so it'll likely go to the forum anyway.

Let me know what you think!
-Ben

P.S. v6.1 is coming soon!

I am quite happy the way it is : maybe a button on the about screen under the website reference to http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-9.html

regards

frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Ben -

I think your current practice of posting minor releases, and their contents,
and a link to where you can download it, here on the Forum is sufficient.

Cheers!
Patrick
(07-06-2020, 08:47 AM)Frank Wrote: I am quite happy the way it is : maybe a button on the about screen under the website reference to http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-9.html

...serving as another hint to the forum at the same time... I like the idea.
MMM
Linux throughout!