Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I keep trying to use Mixbus 32c, but...
(07-07-2020, 08:11 PM)gamehits Wrote: Ok this is a useful reply. THAT may be the way to proceed. can you tell me HOW to do this??

There's a whole thread on this...
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-9111.html
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-07-2020, 10:21 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 08:11 PM)gamehits Wrote: Ok this is a useful reply. THAT may be the way to proceed. can you tell me HOW to do this??

There's a whole thread on this...
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-9111.html
MMM

actually, i've tried to use jack before. haven't ever been able to make it work with cubase. just tried again...still can't. i'm sure i'm doing something wrong...
(07-05-2020, 12:28 PM)gamehits Wrote: as to the pc bottlenecking...i can run vegas 17 and cubase 10.5 flawlessly with tons of effects. no bottleneck there... more thoughts? i'm still listening...

In your original post it sounded like the bottlenecks happen when you try to use non-VST plugins (e.g. Harrison's own plugins). If that's the case, it might be an issue with openGL. Do you happen to know which graphics hardware you're using? Some of the more modern nVidia cards can fix the openGL issue but AFAIK, AMD cards can't Sad

So if you're running with AMD graphics the best way to improve your DSP readout is just to increase your audio buffer size. And (if that isn't working) the usual reason is a mismatch between Mixbus's buffer size and your sound card's.

i.e. after changing the size in Mixbus, check that it got changed for the card as well as for Mixbus.

[Edit...] BTW - I haven't run a check for Cubase but if you do a quick search, Google is littered with bottleneck issues for Vegas i7, so it looks like you've been lucky.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(07-07-2020, 08:11 PM)gamehits Wrote: Monitor from your interface, and increase buffersize.

stop comparing to other daws.

I did a coldturkey switch to mixbus few years ago. And never looked back.

Think 3 times before you add a plugin or another track.

I came from working live, where the desk was the desk.

In Mixbus i work faster and cleaner, because you can

and train your ears

regards

Frank

Frank...

as to trading cubase for mixbus and "not looking back", clearly you haven't read the previous threads, and considered what I use a DAW for...as I've clearly said I CAN'T use mixbus as it CHOKES on what I do to compose. I get that you're a fanboy, but that's NOT very helpful...

I have read the thread : and not in a single moment you have shown your setup in mixbus. That does not help you.

and abusing people here does not help at all.

what i read is that apparently do no know how to use Mixbus, I suggest you read the manual.

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I think that thread has run its course. As long as we don't know more about the actual system other than that it's great with Cubase and has no bottlenecks and all, and all our suggestions have been tried years ago, there's no help possible.
I don't believe for one second that a Pentium IV with 4GB of RAM gets stuck at 3-4 tracks, let alone the OP's machine. Call me a fanboi.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
whatever. now i'm seeing that mixbus is having trouble with uad plugs once saved and reloaded, their disabled and need to be reloaded. i'm sure there's a thread someplace that fixes this too...but at the end of the day it's not worth my trouble and i, for one, regret buying into this program.

(07-11-2020, 11:41 AM)gamehits Wrote: whatever. now i'm seeing that mixbus is having trouble with uad plugs once saved and reloaded, their disabled and need to be reloaded. i'm sure there's a thread someplace that fixes this too...but at the end of the day it's not worth my trouble and i, for one, regret buying into this program. I get that none of you compose using a decent number of vst instruments with effects applied, and as with samplitude (also a giant turd), there will be people who, for their needs, find mixbus more than adequate. as for my needs, i'm finding i need to stick with cubase, protools, live, or studio one, as they're the only programs that adequately handle the demands of virtual instruments. actually, i think that even reaper doesn't choke. but i'll tell you from experience that samplitude, sonar, and mixbus/ardour DEFINITELY can't handle this type of DAW usage. As for knowing what I'm doing...everyone has an opinion, so again I say whatever.
(07-11-2020, 11:41 AM)gamehits Wrote: whatever.
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1