Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Import Speeds up (.wav file)
Hi,

Old user, back for more juicy fun in the bus Smile

I used one of the first versions of mixbus, just bought both V6 adn 32C (it was on sale, how could I not?)

I'm having an issue importing a 44.1 .wav file. It speeds up. It sounds like a major third higher?

Session was created at 44.1. .wav exported out of Reason 10 at 44.1.

.wav plays correctly in whatever generic player windows 10 has now.

Eventually got it into 32C as AIFF.

Ok, all good right?

Well i tried to export a MP3 of it, and it went down in speed (maybe the same ratio the .wav was going up, but now down...)

All the google searchs seem to be about 44.1 being imported into 48k sessions etc, but that isn't happening here.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oh,

I should add, I did exactly the same thing (from the same session in Reason 10) 3 nights ago; got the .wav into V6 and out into MP3 without this transposing/speed issue.

The only thing I changed was the recording. (I had the same tempo and drum tracks, just a different song idea recording onto it)
Imported from Reason direct, or from a Reason file where you had the Reason waves?

MB warns you if you want to import waves of different sample rate than that of the actual session. MB imports any but the conversion to the actual sample rate slows down the import.

Just a remark: I have imported "waves" from PT project folders and some worked some said file corrupt or not recognized.
For MP3 I use other apps not MB. I never mix mp3 content. If it is a must I convert the mp3 in another app into waves I need
best
Tassy

by the way, the first version of yours was MB2 or 3?
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Hi Tassy,

I think it was MBv2. It was over 12 years ago.

I think something weird may hav been going on with the file itself. A .wav has a header file (I've done some c# programming before, and had issues with these headers not closing out properly).

I went back and checked the MP3 against the AIFF file, and they were actuallly Ok. The speed hadn't changed between them. I gave up on the .wav import.

The only reason I was doing the excercise was to use the compressers and busses (with those sweet tape saturation knobs) and then send the idea to my son in a smaller format.

Anyway, I won't use the .wav option anymore. The AIFF seems to have worked fine.

I will see if the VSTs I'm using all run in Mixbus and I'll do future sessions from scratch in there. Problem solved!!

cheers