Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link to "Edit Metadata" from "Import metadata" dialog box
Hi,

May I suggest a button among the OK and Cancel buttons that apply the imported data and open the Edit Session Metadata dialog box. In my experience, this is almost always the next natural step after an import.

I often experience that the artist/producer changes album titles, song titles, and order of melodies during the lifetime of a project, and it's extra tedious in my current project 'cause it's a double album! Right now that involves renaming and importing and editing metadata for 23 songs for the second time in the project!
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(06-30-2020, 11:34 AM)Jostein Wrote: Hi,

May I suggest a button among the OK and Cancel buttons that apply the imported data and open the Edit Session Metadata dialog box.

+ 1
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(06-30-2020, 11:34 AM)Jostein Wrote: In my experience, this is almost always the next natural step after an import.

Then it makes sense to link the two and streamline the process.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Just tried using metadata for adding notes - under the description tab - BUT - it seems this info is NOT song specific. I saved, closed and opened a different song and the same notes were in the description.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Would love a Notepad for writing session notes, sadly my Tritone Recall Plugin doesn't seem to work in Mixbus, it opens but no text can be entered for some reason.

EDIT: In fact no notepad plugin can be used - I tried a couple of other apps and when the Notepad is open the focus does not allow the keyboard to enter type, the keyboard remains controlling the transport etc. I'm used to using a Tritone plugin in Studio One and it works a treat, so there must be something odd happening in MB - as an AU or VST plugin can obviously be adjusted when open - just not one that requires text entry?

EDIT ONE MORE! Thanks to user Dingo for the tip to activate the keyboard icon toplight of the plugin to allow typing in my Notepad (Tritone Recall) plugin. do consider that part solved,