Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
routing cubase 9.5 tot Mixbuss 6 **SOLVED**
Hi there,
I am new at using mixbuss, heard lot of good things about it and wanted to give it a try.

So i downloaded the trial version of mixbuss6
Mixbuss seems to be awesome, however cannot top the midi and audio editing of Cubase, the daw i'm used to work with.

Therefor i want to combine the best of the 2 worlds:
editing in cubase and mixing in Mixbuss.

Tutorials online learned me you can route the audio output of Cubase to Mixbuss using jack; however all those tutorials are for earlier versions. None for version 6.
Nonetheless, i decided to give it a try and followed the steps.

- setup jack: up and running fine.
- configured cubase to use jackrouter as asio vst driver and dedicated the correct outputs for it : up and running. The outputs are even showing up in Jackcontrol under the tab "connections".

So far so good:
However configuring Mixbuss version 6 gives me problems:
Following the tutorials which are as said all for earlier versions:
1/ If I try to switch Audio/Midi input from portdrive(default) to Jack, the system gives an error: could not reconnect to audio/midi engine
so the only possibility is to keep using the default portdrive.
2/however when i go then to the routing grid to connect the output of cubase to mixbuss, the option "others" (like in all tutorials) is not available, thus so not the dedicated jack outputs of cubase.

Any help regarding this matter will be much appreciated.
(06-30-2020, 08:18 AM)soniklee Wrote: Hi there,
I am new at using mixbuss, heard lot of good things about it and wanted to give it a try.

Mixbuss seems to be awesome, however cannot top the midi and audio editing of Cubase, the daw i'm used to work with.

Tutorials online learned me you can route the audio output of Cubase to Mixbuss using jack; however all those tutorials are for earlier versions. None for version 6.

- configured cubase to use jackrouter as asio vst driver and dedicated the correct outputs for it : up and running. The outputs are even showing up in Jackcontrol under the tab "connections".

So far so good:
1/ If I try to switch Audio/Midi input from portdrive(default) to Jack, the system gives an error: could not reconnect to audio/midi engine
2/however when i go then to the routing grid to connect the output of cubase to mixbuss, the option "others" (like in all tutorials) is not available, thus so not the dedicated jack outputs of cubase.

based on this post http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-9109.html
jack seems not being avialble in mixbus6
(06-30-2020, 10:18 AM)durutti Wrote:

So far so good:

So, routing other Daw's output to Mixbuss cannot been done anymore, as i understand well then?
It will probably return on v6.1

(06-30-2020, 10:43 AM)soniklee Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:18 AM)durutti Wrote:

So far so good:

So, routing other Daw's output to Mixbuss cannot been done anymore, as i understand well then?
ok, fingers crossed version 6.1 will soon be released then :-)
Thank you again for your input! Have a nice day.
(07-01-2020, 03:10 AM)soniklee Wrote: ok, fingers crossed version 6.1 will soon be released then :-)
Thank you again for your input! Have a nice day.

Hi guys,
just for the people who are spending time trying to help me.

In this thread "Mixbus and Jack issues (Linux)" the poster states that Jack works if first Jackd is running.

Perhaps an issue between Linux and Windows versions of Jack ?

Because I tried to do it by the book:
1.starting jackportaudio as admin
2.starting jackcontrol as admin
3.starting mixbuss6, stopping default engine
4.switching to Jack
5.starting Jack
Gives the errormessage: cannot reconnect to Audio/Midi Input

Hereby some printscreens of my steps and the results.

thanks again to everybody who wants to share their 2 cents :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last update:
i finaly got it to work!
I specially want to thank MMM , Frank and durutti who were willing to think along.
Respect to all!

So for all other users who are struggling with connecting Jack and MB 6 in windows here are the steps i followed.

Connecting Jack with Mixbuss V6 for Windows:

CORRECT PATH of steps to take in exact order:

1. open mixbuss and switch default audio/midi setup portAudio to JACK, but do NOT start it !
2. Close mixbuss
1. open jackportaudio as admin
2. open jackcontrol as admin
3. if you want to be sure that Jack is running or not : Jackcontrol / messages/ tab "Status"
The status is normally active when you started jackcontrol
Go and stop it.
The status will show: server state: stopped
4. Open Mixbuss as admin !
5. Mixbuss will now start by default with JACK as audio setup and won't give the error of "could not reconnect to Audio/Midi Setup".
6. Start Jack through Jackcontrol
7. Mixbuss is now connected to Jack
8. Check the connection in Jackcontrol under "connections": Mixbuss should be present

8 steps to connect it, but finaly it works :-)
Mooi !!
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(07-01-2020, 10:26 AM)soniklee Wrote: Last update:
i finaly got it to work!
I specially want to thank MMM , Frank and durutti who were willing to think along.
Respect to all!

So for all other users who are struggling with connecting Jack and MB 6 in windows here are the steps i followed.

Connecting Jack with Mixbuss V6 for Windows:

CORRECT PATH of steps to take in exact order:

1. open mixbuss and switch default audio/midi setup portAudio to JACK, but do NOT start it !
2. Close mixbuss
1. open jackportaudio as admin
2. open jackcontrol as admin
3. if you want to be sure that Jack is running or not : Jackcontrol / messages/ tab "Status"
The status is normally active when you started jackcontrol
Go and stop it.
The status will show: server state: stopped
4. Open Mixbuss as admin !
5. Mixbuss will now start by default with JACK as audio setup and won't give the error of "could not reconnect to Audio/Midi Setup".
6. Start Jack through Jackcontrol
7. Mixbuss is now connected to Jack
8. Check the connection in Jackcontrol under "connections": Mixbuss should be present

8 steps to connect it, but finaly it works :-)

Such a simple solution !

Just kidding, good work; glad you took the time and effort to figure it out. I'm guessing you learned a lot in the process and that's most important thing.
UPDATE:

the 8 steps mentioned earlier are the one-off first configuration on windows.
Once made, there is no need to go through all those 8 steps-

Untill yesterday i started MB with Jack in 5 steps
- JPAudio start admin
- JControl start admin
- JC stop Jack
- Start MB
- JC start Jack

However MMM pointed out there is still a shorter 3 step way:
by adding this one-off extra step:
first go and delete the folder C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Mixbus6 (that are the configs).

Now you can start MB with Jack in 3 steps:
- JPAudio start admin
- JControl start admin
- MB start admin

(in my experience if you do not start MB as admin the Audio/Midi Setup screen still pops-up and the user get stuck as mentioned in earlier post. Starting as admin let MB opens straight away).