Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidechain (XT - AVA comparison)
Hi guys,

I hope that you are doing fine these days..

Before some questions i would like to thank the whole team behind Harrison products & support. The analog 'feel' is real in the digital domain..

I'm currently reviewing AVA plugins, and comparing them to already owned XT plugins.

For example XT Multiband Compressor does not have sidechain capability whereas AVA multiband compressor does. (See the attached screenshot)

[attachment=2684]

Is this the final state? - i mean is this in the path to be revised or not? If not, i'll simply go for AVA ones, aside that i own every XT plugin. I hoped that i could get all-in-one solution regarding this matter - that i wouldn't have to get AVA plugins as well, since they should represent the earlier XT versions, correct?

I've noticed that AVA LegacyQ and AVA Mastering Equalizer also has sidechain input available, and i'm not sure why is that?

I have no problem with this situation, i just need clarification whether this is going to happen or not, so i could plan where should i invest some earnings.

offtopic:
Is there any insight on what plugins are being developed next?
Replication of the drive knob within the busses in the AVA format?
Or perhaps some AVA Analyzer (with some more features, but basically you already have it within AVA Mastering EQ/LegacyQ) - this would be handy on linux

ps: i'm loving the 'search/notch' type of band on LegacyQ! It spares me fiddling with band whereas i would clear the rest of the spectrum!

Thank you in advance