Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves11 crashing 32c UPDATE!!
All of a sudden now any waves plugs cause mixbus 32c to crash if I try to use the gui if I open it using the other interface it works... Harrison has thrown it on waves, who obviously points at harrison. Here is the weird part.. in all works in ardour.

I uninstalled the AVID HD Driver in pt2020.05 and now everything works so far.
Pretty strange
tpbaker -

Does this also crash if you try to open up and use the plugin in non-GUI mode?

Curious
Patrick
(06-24-2020, 03:29 PM)PBuryk Wrote: tpbaker -

Curious
Patrick

No it does not, but I uninstalled waves and tried to use a harrison plug and it crashed, so its looks like any plug
(06-24-2020, 03:31 PM)tpbaker Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 03:29 PM)PBuryk Wrote: tpbaker -

Curious
Patrick

No it does not, but I uninstalled waves and tried to use a harrison plug and it crashed, so its looks like any plug

No It does not. I restored a previous backup that didnt contain pt and it works flawlessly. I reinstall pt and the problem returns. Weird because pt uses aax version.
Not that weird. Doesn't matter the audio connections, they're using the same graphics GPU calls. Waves 11 is a reworking literally OF the UIs of all their old plug ins, I believe.. rebuilt ground up to sound the same for recalls, but look and feel rescaleable and modern.

Change your GPU...or at least monkey with the settings/drivers. If they have any specific to "openGL" disable things like anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing and such.

Harrison's plug ins crashed Mixbus when I first built this PC with Intel's UHD630 GPU...it was a setting about enhancing application anti aliasing in the driver from memory. It's ALSO why Ivory wouldn't open the UI (only in MIxbus).

The GPU setting fixed Harrison's own plug ins...but, not Ivory. Discrete GPU fixed all of the above.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
I have had a similar problem recently with my Waves Central interacting terribly with Nuendo 5.5. I have gotten to a usable resolution which I will list below that is allowing me to use most of my Waves Gold package in both Mixbus 32c v5 and Nuendo 5.5. It was very frustrating, as I expected WAves to work without issue in both, but that made too many assumptions.

I followed all of these instructions, and about an hour later both of my DAW platforms were stable and happy using Waves 9, then additionally installing Waves 11, per these instructions.

I hope you get to a satisfing result. Heres my tech support email from Waves.

Thanks For contacting Waves Tech-Support.

Please note that Nuendo 6 is not officially supported with Waves latest software version.
This does not necessarily mean that it won’t work, just that our software was not designed for it nor tested and qualified to run with it.
Due to this fact, we do not have a knowledge-base of possible issues. It might work fine, but if it doesn't we will not be able to assist.

Please refer to our Supported Hosts page for a comprehensive list.

Note: Nuendo 10 is fully supported with Waves latest version (V11)

I suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall Waves on V9.

In order to roll back from V11, first, uninstall V11 plugins:
Quit any host application.
Launch Waves Central.
In the left-hand side, click on the Settings page.
Under Maintenance, click on the Uninstall drop-down menu and choose to uninstall V11.

Once uninstalled, Install your plugins following the steps below:

Quit any host application.
Download the v.9.92 Offline Installer for Windows
Unzip the folder to your desktop folder.
Launch Waves Central V11 and click on the Offline Installer page.
Under Install From an Offline Installer, click Browse.
When prompted, highlight the Waves- 24.5.18 folder on your desktop and click Select folder/Open.
Checkmark the products you wish to install.
Click Install.
You can also refer to the instructional video in our How to install Waves V9.92 article.
N6.5, Mixbus32c 5 Rme Fireface USB Fireface Dante W10 Lenevo Flex 5-1570 i7 8550U 15.9g useable Ram 15" screen
I can confirm this behaviour. I try to give a bit more details.

I running on Windows 10 64bit, Waves 11 latest, Mixbus 32c V6 latest, Ardour latest, Studio One, Cakewalk, Protools.
I73770i, 32GB RAM,2x Nvidia GTX 1050ti 2 x Samsung SSD. All latest drivers (no beta). So a proper Audio Workstation.

For me Mixbus and Ardour does not not crash. But if the Wave Plugins opens it stucks if i move it over the desktop.
If i wait 3-5 sec i can use it normal. If i move it 3 to 5 times it does not stuck any more and i can work normal.
This does not happen in Studio One, Cakewalk or Pro Tools.

I am pretty sure Mixbus does not crash cause the PC has enough recources. Otherwise it would crash.

Now the interesting part. Nvidia drivers seems to recognize the Waves plugins in Mixbus as video game cause on the right sight
of the screen a window from Nvidia flys in that offers to make a movie from "my game" if i press "Alt Z" and starts
and Overlay Menu. Perhaps you can switch this off but it does not change the problem.

For me this indicates that Ardour GUI does not handle GUi parameters right cause in any other DAW Nvidia
does not offer to make a Video "of my game".

May be this information can help someone who has a better knowledge about GUI an GPUs.
Try the standard Nvidia driver fix:
In Nvidia Settings OpenGL section;
- Disable "Sync to VBlank"
- Move the Performance slider fully to the right
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.