Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUX Sends and Mix Busses
Hi! New to the forum. Just purchased the MixBus v6 and couldn’t be happier with the sound I can get from it in my mixes.

My question is, on MixBus we have 8 Mixbusses, but eventually I may need more. I understand I can use the AUX SENDs to direct a channel (or a group of channels) to an AUX CHANNEL and then process it from there (for parallel compression, or an extra MixBus if needed). Am I correct here? What do I loose with the AUX SEND in comparison to a MixBus (other than tape saturation)?

I was thinking that the AUX SENDS could be a good option for effects (REVERBS, delays, etc) to free the Mixbusses to a real MixBus function (Drum bus, Guitars bus, etc).

Am I correct? Any suggestions here?

Thanks to be part of the forum and a Harrison MixBus user!!!
Hi massuncao,
Welcome to the Mixbus Forum ..you are correct in your assumptions that you can use additional Audio Busses with Aux sends and free up your Mixbusses for Drum bus etc.
This post goes into a bit of detail about setting up Aux Busses
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-20-2020, 05:57 AM)Dingo Wrote: Hi massuncao,
Welcome to the Mixbus Forum ..you are correct in your assumptions that you can use additional Audio Busses with Aux sends and free up your Mixbusses for Drum bus etc.

Thanks Dingo for quick reply!!!

One more question... is there a limitation of how many sends I can create in MixBus?
Theoretically none apart from the capability of your system.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Welcome, Massuncao!

In the "Standard" MB product I use the "Aux"("Audio") buses for things like:
- upper & lower snare bus
- Front and internal kick bus
- Drum Over-Heads bus
- keyboard and other orchestrative comping bus
- vocal multitrack bus
These are simple groupings that, when applied to a bus, allow you to control in an
overall manner like a VCA.

I tend to use my "mixbuses" as effect returns, parallel compression and sid-chaning.

But, there are no hard-fast rules here. You can do many things, many ways with
Mixbus!

Cheers!
Patrick
(06-20-2020, 06:57 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Welcome, Massuncao!

In the "Standard" MB product I use the "Aux"("Audio") buses for things like:
- upper & lower snare bus
- Front and internal kick bus
- Drum Over-Heads bus
- keyboard and other orchestrative comping bus
- vocal multitrack bus
These are simple groupings that, when applied to a bus, allow you to control in an
overall manner like a VCA.

I tend to use my "mixbuses" as effect returns, parallel compression and sid-chaning.

But, there are no hard-fast rules here. You can do many things, many ways with
Mixbus!

Cheers!
Patrick

Super. Thanks Patrick! Good to learn there are so many options with MixBus. I was worried about the limitation of 8 Mix buses.

Thanks!!