Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seen on the web
This may be an old image, but a good mate emailed me a copy... it's on my Christmas list...

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
How true.
In my live mixing experience I would have added: "...you can't understand" + "nevertheless, you argue and never do any I suggestSmile
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
...you can't understand and so you will probably try to mix it yourself..."Undecided
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
I had a drunk stumble up to me in a bar one night when I was running FOH for a country band that was pretty popular in my area. He said, "So, what do you do?" I said, "I'm the soundman. I control what comes out of all those main speakers." He said, "They don't really need you." After about half an hour of screwing up the bands' sound by making a bunch of short-lived changes, he said he doesn't hear a difference. "They could save some money and get rid of you." I tried everything. Dropping all the reverb, pulling down the lead guitarist's slider during a solo and his drunk-ass tin-ear never detected a thing.

I'm certain you're not hearing anything new...
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
(10-04-2021, 09:11 PM)Joe K Wrote: I had a drunk stumble up to me in a bar one night when I was running FOH for a country band that was pretty popular in my area. He said, "So, what do you do?" I said, "I'm the soundman. I control what comes out of all those main speakers." He said, "They don't really need you." After about half an hour of screwing up the bands' sound by making a bunch of short-lived changes, he said he doesn't hear a difference. "They could save some money and get rid of you." I tried everything. Dropping all the reverb, pulling down the lead guitarist's slider during a solo and his drunk-ass tin-ear never detected a thing.

I'm certain you're not hearing anything new...

You did all that during a live gig? How did the band find this?
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I really hope he did an extra monitor mix for the guy doing that and not did it to the real FOH....
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Calm down guys. When I said half an hour I meant from the first change to the last. When I said short lived changes, that was maybe 15 seconds at a time. This is maybe one change every other song.
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9