Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 5.3 export issue
I upgraded to 5.3 the last time I got an offer but 5.3 gives me a lot of trouble I did not have with the previous version and I am reluctant to upgrade to 6 as it seems problems just compound from my experience having bought about 3 versions now and was very happy with the pre 5.3 versions.
It would be understandable if mixbus develops so fast that it becomes foreign to me after each upgrade, but I would not know the reason for things such as this working in a previous version but not in a successive upgrade.

I set up a test channel which I play a DVD from so I can test from a recorded source.
I try to export to a wav file.

I record the track and it plays back perfectly in Mixbus

I then export and it exports according to Master (1,2) where 1.2. are the two active tracks.

The attached image shows the wav-file playback screen and clearly the exported wav file has data in it that should be audible.

However when I play back there is just NO sound.
In addition the file is 32M in size so it has data.
$ ls -lh
total 32M
-rw-r--r-- 1 30M Jun 3 16:42 MelBay_session.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 1.7M Jun 3 16:24 session.ogg

I start to wish I am back at protools, but unfortunately it doesnt run on Linux and Linux is just too stable compared to windows to give it up again.

See https://i.imgur.com/PVcQZim.png
(06-03-2020, 04:03 PM)zimbodel Wrote: -rw-r--r-- 1 30M Jun 3 16:42 MelBay_session.wav

Have you tried to play this in a media player?
What does the solo-ed flat "Audio 1&2" represent?
Are, by chance, the "Audio 1" and the "Audio 2" in the same group the same file, but phase flipped?

There must be a blipp somewhere and the fact that it's with a minor update seems to be coincidental to me.

I still have a v5.3 on my system, happy to try out your session if you put it somewhere to download for me.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
[/quote]
Have you tried to play this in a media player?
What does the solo-ed flat "Audio 1&2" represent?
Are, by chance, the "Audio 1" and the "Audio 2" in the same group the same file, but phase flipped?
MMM
[/quote]

Yes of course I tried playing it in VLC mplayer and more. Doesnt play the file has 32M size but it is all muted.

No it is not phase flipped and if that was the case playback would not have worked.
I can play back the recording and it works perfectly.
It is ONLY the exported file that is mute, both in the Mixbus Player that plays the exported file and in VLC.
Again if I just playback from Mixbus, then it works fine.

Here is the exact purchased version I use which has this problem.
$ ls
Mixbus-5.3.4-Linux-64bit-gcc5.tar Mixbus-5.3.4-x86_64.tar

The solution for me is to skip 5.3 and go back to previous version. there is not really anything in in 5.3 extra I need and I will stop my upgrade offers as it doesnt make sense to upgrade.

Maybe it makes more sense to use 5.1.
I made an error in my original post as I said 5.1 . I had that version running to verify it works and accidentally use the about in that version. The problem is on 5.3. I edited it to correct in my previous.

If no one comes up with a reason or solution, I will take you up on it, however 5.1 works and I will just downgrade to that version and use it as there is almost no difference to my needs. None of the improvements in ver 6 listed is any better for my use than 5.1 so I think it is the best approach.

Is it still possible to buy an upgrade for 5.1 to the 5.1 based 32C version. ?
That might be the best option for me at the moment for a long term stable Mixbus.

That might be a good option to use for the next two years until this new crap is sorted out I really dont want to deal with. The version upgrades cost me more trouble than it is worth and I rather prefer to use what is solid (5.1 for me) and upgrade when I have no other option. If new means this kind of problem I dont want it.