Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where are the sidechains?
Sad 
Huh
I just did the upgrade to v.6 (32c). I´m working on my first session on V6 but the first thing that is worrying me is...where are the sidechains (bus sidechain)?
It is a feature i can´t believe they have got rid of.
I hope I´m wrong....
From the manual:
!NOTE: The built-in sidechain feature has been removed from Mixbus v6. This feature was provided in Mixbus version 3,4, & 5 because we had limited support for sidechain-able plugins. Since most sidechain tasks benefit from precise control over the threshold, ratio,…
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks a lot for the answer. I didn't know. Still I think it was so easy doing it the way it was before. It was so straightforward. I used to use it all the time. It's going to take me some time to do it in a different way. I'm going to miss it a lot I'm afraid.
(05-31-2020, 04:50 PM)bernardo jimenez Wrote: Thanks a lot for the answer. I didn't know. Still I think it was so easy doing it the way it was before. It was so straightforward. I used to use it all the time. It's going to take me some time to do it in a different way. I'm going to miss it a lot I'm afraid.

Some plugs have their own sidechain possibility. If there are extra input pins in the pin dialogue the plug can be sidechained by any track you select from the list rolled down on the top right menu.
TDR Nova, The Glue, Fabfilter compr SC ... not so many.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Yes, I'll have to learn how to do it that way....It's pity, though, that the feature is gone...
Thanks for your time replying
Cheers
I was afraid too to have to learn the updated way to side-chain, but once I did it once I discovered it is much better and easy to control.
Harrison should rename the vague sidechain icon which tells nothing to a user to a text icon |sidechain| in the top plugin window section. And upon clicking on this button a short instruction should be placed there how to connect stuff.

Otherwise these types of questions will continue FOREVER. This is a pure example of poor understanding of the human behavior. If the questions keep coming then its the fault of the designer of the system. Hopefully its so easy to fix.

Icons suck. Text instead of an icon rules.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(06-10-2020, 08:09 PM)Andy76 Wrote: Otherwise these types of questions will continue FOREVER. This is a pure example of poor understanding of the human behavior. If the questions keep coming then its the fault of the designer of the system. Hopefully its so easy to fix.

Sure. There are also these books which let you connect numbers with a pencil - turns out you are a great painter!
Big Grin
That icon is not a "sidechain" icon, it marks pin connections. That can do much more than sidechains.
Also, I find there are too many pop up windows in various programs already - they are annoying, superfluous and actually hide areas I want to watch/click on next.
How about RTFM? Do it once, know it forever.
Other question: have you ever worked with ProTools? Does it tell you that you have to create a "bus" for every poop and to connect this "bus" both ends in the io manager and does it pop up a tutorial? Some things simply need to be learned. I found the old sidechain facility in Mixbus quite odd and first I really needed to watch a tutorial to get it - which I did, once, not every time I wanted to create a sidechain.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
But MMM, everything should just work without learning how to work it. Tongue
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(06-10-2020, 11:08 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 08:09 PM)Andy76 Wrote: Otherwise these types of questions will continue FOREVER. This is a pure example of poor understanding of the human behavior. If the questions keep coming then its the fault of the designer of the system. Hopefully its so easy to fix.
How about RTFM? Do it once, know it forever.
MMM

An example of wishful thinking.

No one will be able to force the major part of modern users read the manual first place.
They will try to explore, click some buttons, twist some knobs. If they dont find quick solutions the fun is gone, so does a customer. Many of them also will get the impression that the software is not intuitive and tries to waste their time.

One should understand that nowdays most people do mixing and fiddle with the DAW just for fun, its another form of gaming. And that gaming experience should be immersive. If you tell the gamer RTFM it basically just says how the game is not thought out.
Real world comments just confirm it everyday what I have said here.

I`d say Mixbus is as immersive as it gets in the world of DAWs but nothing is perfect and there are things need to be done to solve some use-cases.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92